Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

This game rules on so many levels I can hardly explain! The graphics? Foget Doom 3, Forget Half Life 2, forget Far Cry, as these graphics really rock so much I can't describe it! And I've always wanted a game with no HUD, no reticle, no halth bar and stuff... and NOW I GOT IT! Playing this is just a heck of a feeling! Almost(no, I will not eat my foot) better than Half Life 2! Seriously, play this!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

It rules alright! Even Vin diesel is cool in this game. A lot of nice atmosphere and good gameplay. Had a great time in the Riot Guard
Old 01-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

If you liked the Riot Guard, you'll LOVE the Hea... best not spoil you ..
I've just beaten the game a few hours ago, then watched the mnovie again. Ah, the coolness of Richard B. RIddick...
Old 01-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I've read the review in PC Format. And I must say that the graphics and detail of Riddick's character is amazing!
But I can't play it becuase I have a sucky computer.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:06 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Yeah, sorry to bring up an old topic, but as they say, its better to ressurect than to re-make...I think [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Got this game for PC yesterday and was very upset to find that it didnt work, I was tempted to take it back to EB when I decided to do the smart thing and read the readme [img]tongue.gif[/img]
And there I saw the dreaded sentance...
"The game requires Service Pack 1 for Windows XP."
[img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
In other words... I do not like service packs, the only usefull service pack I have ever installed was for 3Ds Max and it had its problems....
But after playing this game on XBox, loving it and forking out $60 bucks to get it, I decided to download SP1, and that was a big deal on my 33k connection, so after my friend left, I asked my parents if they wanted to use the phone at all, and they said no, so at 6:30PM I visited the Microsoft website and initiated the download, throughout the download I made backups of the file just in case something went wrong, then I went to sleep....
at 5:30AM I awoke to find my download at 99%...
YAY!!!!
Once it had finished I double clicked the file to be confronted with a disturbing error..
"File corrupt"
The look on my face.........
Then I realised that I had doubled click the uncompleted download file [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I proceded to install service pack 1 and then ran Riddick.exe.........
WOAH!!!! I knew it looked good on Xbox but wow!!!!
This is probably my favourite game of all time, though I did finish it today, I love the comentary mode and have just started that, along with all the extra unlockables its one hell of a game.

Oh, and I dont know if commentary mode comes with the normal edition...
Is there any eddition other than the Directors cut for PC?

What do you guys think of the commentary mode?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The Director's Cut is the PC version. It also features two all-new areas that the Xbox didn't have. Game rocks much a$$.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:40 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
The Director's Cut is the PC version. It also features two all-new areas that the Xbox didn't have. Game rocks much a$$.
What new areas did it have?
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote