Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #11
Lynthar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

spoiler
Keepimg Henchmen
Out of the original henchmen it appears only Deekin can go all the way. After being killed and sent to Cania (hell) ask the reaper to bring the henchmen back.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I finished as a dwarven fighter lvl 28 specialized in dwarven axe. Had Nathyrra and Deekin at the end and managed to keep Nathyrra without having to persuade her at the end (see below). Ended up wielding a +10, +2d6 acid, Keen, Haste, True Seeing, +2 regeneration, DC 24 strength draining dwarven axe. Big M was a wuss. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Get Nathyrra's true name from the Knower of Names. JUST before you enter the portal in the reaper's room, a dialogue with Nathyrra will pop up. Invoke her true name and command her to forgive herself for her past sins. [img]smile.gif[/img] Then when the dialogue with Big M is initiated, Nathyrra will reject his entreaties and side with you, without you ever having to rely on your persuasion skills.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:36 PM   #13
Niadh
Elminster

Finsihed as a 13/12 barbarian/blackguard, and got a level from finishing it all.

Spoilers follow-

Bought Aribeth's and Deekin's name. Told Aribeth to give me her soul. Told Deekin to believe in himself. Too Nathyrra with me too. Bought Big Ms name, told him to be my lackey and I ruled Caina. Heh.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Niadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:35 PM   #14
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

27 levels cleric, Natyra my love, Deekin my bud, and 1 destruction spell killing big bad Mephistopheles.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:51 AM   #15
Tancred
White Dragon

Blitzed the game as Alec the Wizard (26). Good fun - never been anything other than a Paladin before. No true love, Valen and Aribeth both turned against me at the last... that'll teach me for trusting them enough not to buy their names. Thankfully, I had Big M's regardless. Bwahaha.

I like wizarding. Multiplayer, here I come!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #16
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

I had Deekin and Nathyrra (my one true love).
Never got betrayed or anything. Everyone loves me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #17
Jim
Quintesson

Just completed my first run through the game. Started the game with a level 14 character imported straight from SoU, and finished as a level 28 character (10 fighter, 18 dwarven defender). Took the 3 Epic damage reduction feats and naturally resisted 21/- damage!!

Once again, Big M was a wuss, and never took me further than "barely injured"

It seems that the higher the level of the starting character, the fewer levels they gain whilst playing HotU (which makes sense), but in many cases, the lower level starting characters are catapulting past the higher level ones and ending up with a higher level character by the end of the game!

[ 02-03-2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #18
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:

It seems that the higher the level of the starting character, the fewer levels they gain whilst playing HotU (which makes sense), but in many cases, the lower level starting characters are catapulting past the higher level ones and ending up with a higher level character by the end of the game!
That's very possible. XP gains are based on character level and the challenge rating of the monsters so if you're lower level you might have a harder time but it gives you lots more XP
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 06:05 PM   #19
Jazzybelle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Finished as 10-Rogue/11-Assassin/6-Shadowdancer [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #20
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Finished as fighter/weaponmaster 21/7 ... hobbit, dual-wielding keen kukris (10-20 crit threat range... sucks against undeads'n constructs and such [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). I'll take assasin levels whenever I'll use that char again.