Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2003, 09:55 PM   #41
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... sounds like it's more a comment on my awareness than the US's participation. Think I'll go back into lurk mode on rugby...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 10-17-2003, 05:16 AM   #42
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

I'd say that the halves are more of a concern - but I'm guessing Clivey's just foxing.

Matt Dawson has been announced fit for saturday's game. [/QUOTE]Just heard that Over-The-Hill and Matt-The-Whinging-Prat have been ruled out. Rudolf must be smiling.

Old 10-17-2003, 06:06 AM   #43
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Just heard that Over-The-Hill and Matt-The-Whinging-Prat have been ruled out. Rudolf must be smiling.
Our squad is so strong these are minor inconveniences. So we rest Matt and bring in Kyren Bracken. There's little to choose between them.

Just sorry we won't be playing you this time!

The only whinging in this WC is coming from the Southern Hemisphere - hanging together in a time of crisis.

Dorian West, Jason Leonard, Martin Corry, Joe Worsley, Andy Gomarsall, Paul Grayson, Dan Luger.

Look at that for a bench - read 'em and weep Genieboy!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-17-2003, 07:01 AM   #44
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Dorian West, Jason Leonard, Martin Corry, Joe Worsley, Andy Gomarsall, Paul Grayson, Dan Luger.

Look at that for a bench - read 'em and weep Genieboy!
Dorian West - also-ran, losing record and England captain

Jason Leonard - also-ran, pensioner

Martin Corry - also-ran, can't believe he got in before Simon Shaw

Joe Worsley - Joe WHO?? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Andy Gomarsall - 3rd string, 3rd rate

Paul Grayson - also-ran

Dan Luger - Medicare case

Despite all that, I'm sure you'll be making a lot of use of the bench - you're playing the Bokke after all, and I'm sure they'll put a BlitzKRIGE on you...

Old 10-17-2003, 07:22 AM   #45
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Dorian West - also-ran, losing record and England captain

Jason Leonard - also-ran, pensioner

Martin Corry - also-ran, can't believe he got in before Simon Shaw

Andy Gomarsall - 3rd string, 3rd rate

Paul Grayson - also-ran

Dan Luger - Medicare case
and everyone of them could get into your team. Hell, I could get into your team!

Surely you remember Worsley - he played against Australia when we beat you 25-14 in june. You were at that game weren't you?

Was Luger a Medicare case here?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-17-2003, 07:43 AM   #46
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

Despite all that, I'm sure you'll be making a lot of use of the bench - you're playing the Bokke after all, and I'm sure they'll put a BlitzKRIGE on you...
We'll biff up against them for the first 20 minutes. They'll realise they ain't getting anywhere and the discipline will go. We roll out winners! End of!
Old 10-17-2003, 08:01 AM   #47
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
[

This reminds me of a London Evening standard headline from a while back ' Arsene who ? and we know what happned there don't we Mems. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 08:43 AM   #48
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:

We'll biff up against them for the first 20 minutes. They'll realise they ain't getting anywhere and the discipline will go. We roll out winners! End of! [/QUOTE]All I can say is that you blokes better all be wearing helmets - I hear De Wet Barry's been honing his tackling techniques - his forearms hit right on the chin, instead of around the ears as they used to.

And hope they've all had their rabies shots - Bakkies is hungry and he's feeling like an English roast, I think...

Old 10-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #49
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:

BTW - I always listen to Australians about gloating - they are the world champions at that!!
It comes from practice dear Donut

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 10-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #50
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:

And hope they've all had their rabies shots - Bakkies is hungry and he's feeling like an English roast, I think...

Is this the same South Africa that we beat 53-3 last time out?