Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 02:27 PM   #21
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mine is a nice one:
In Firkraag's dungeon, my party walked up to that Raksasha near the start of the dungeon. He promptly cast cloudkill in the middle of them, and not wanting my precious Aerie (lol) to die promptly ran away to the West, somehow forgetting in the process that there were 6 ogrillons and 3 vampiric mists lurking. We were caught in the middle of the room, and laughing I hit the load button
Old 02-08-2001, 02:33 PM   #22
Elite Waterdeep Guard

bg2 first ever pc game i played, but started with Gygax, Greyhawk and original d&d. i just jumped right in and started playing, picked up items from golem jailer room and set out, was immediately killed by mephits and goblins.- What's that? EQUIP an item? what do you mean, i picked them up,for crying out loud! When all else fails, read the destructions? what an absurd thought. Tutorial? heaven forfend! I'm a man, i don't need no stinkin' instructions.
Old 02-08-2001, 02:38 PM   #23
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I once killed Imoen four times trying to find "a better way" through those terrible squishing walls of the Asylum. One would think I would have learned after the first time. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Turns out, there *is* a better way. Avoid that area completely.
Old 02-08-2001, 05:12 PM   #24
Jon the Hell Caster

One of the worst was when I started my first multiplayer game with six sorcerors. Then I put on armor on all of them. Guess what happend

Old 02-09-2001, 02:30 PM   #25
NazGhoul

Mine was really embarresing. Iv´e created a duplicate of Irenicus with shadowkeeper and of course i went with Bhodi.( instead for Gelean Bayle.) And i was going to loot the vampire place and whent down to the second floor. Went into a room and opened a chest. BHAAM!!!!!!
A lightning trap brutally killed my EXTREMLY mighty mage.
that was embarresing.

Old 02-09-2001, 03:53 PM   #26
Charlie
Lord Ao

Near to the end and in a room with the Elf priestess or whatever she was. I think there was a golem and those other things (forgotten the names now) that appear in Sudenneselar. Cloud kill or some such had been cast and I thought I'll just stand in that clear bit at the back of the room there and wait. After many an "urgh" and many an "oooh" later I got to the back behind the railings in the clear spot. "Urghs and "Ooohs" were coming thick and fast by now punctuated only by the odd "I dont feel too good" and then the dreaded (for me) "I require some healing". Frantic spell casting started and the room was now full of billious smoke, "urghs, Oooohs, I don't feel too goods, I require some healings and then to cap it right off "my spell has failed" decides to enter the arena. Ooops. The first ever potion quaffing championships then begin in earnest and I'm thinking "I'll just weather this one out now, it's personal". All potions gone and we're suddenly back to square one. Picture the scene.
Urgh, oooh, I don't feel too good, I require some healing and my spell has failed are coming from one side of the screen whilst shit, bol***ks, bas***ds and "please don't die" is coming from the other. Anyway, needless to say my bloke and party went tits up and a re-load was called for. Why I never just walked back out of the door I'll never know. I was right next to it to start with...Doh.
Old 02-09-2001, 04:50 PM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The one for me was when I selected my party and selected the attack button to attack a monster.

I got distracted and then went to select my near death main character.

Everyone in my party attacked him and he died.

D'oh!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2001, 05:12 PM   #28
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Drau sorry but i had to find out what it meant.Yours changes from the oringal.
Oringal version.
C D E D B D Ducks! See the itty bitty ducks!
M R Not Ducks! Them are not ducks!
O S A R! C D E D B D Wings! Oh yes they are! See the itty bitty wings!
O I B M R Ducks Oh I be! Them are ducks!
Old 02-10-2001, 05:33 AM   #29
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

My most embarrassing was from BG1. I summarized it (albeit somewhat embellished) in an earlier post:

Trying to be a mage the first time, right after Gorion's death, Imoen and I are going into a new area on the way to the Friendly Arm Inn when we're "waylaid by enemies." Well, brave little Imoen (level 1 thief that she is) is showing great courage and valour against impossible odds (about five bandits). With one of her arrows she panicks a bandit. Meanwhile, she's taking hits so I try Cure Light Wounds. Unfortunately, I did not "click" when I got the pointer on her but rather when it was on the panicked bandit. I have not tried magery since... SIGH...
Old 02-10-2001, 05:55 AM   #30
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well... since Imoen was my theif then, she was detecting traps in the asylum maze and... squish! I laughed my ass off! As for my most embarrasing one, its gotta be me feeling the groove, storms into the middle room where Irenicus is, and ZAP! end of story. shocking