Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 07:59 PM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I get 3 main NPC's who use armour. Valger(who uses his own, I wont change that), Minsc and Jaheria. I got so many diffrent types I dont know what to use. Could someone tell me the 2 best pieces in the game. I just got the red dragon armour.

Also I was thinking of replacing Valger with a paladien so I can use that COOL SWORD, but then I have wasted all that XP on Valger.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:20 PM   #2
Marillion
The Magister

The Red dragon mail is IMHO the best armor in the game.
The one with lowest AC is Drow Full plate with an AC -5 but it will dissolve to dust when it is hit by sunlight, can only be used in Underdark.
Then The Gorgon Plate is also one of my favourites.
Then ofcourse if Dual or Multiclassing mage the Elven chainmail which allows spellcasting

------------------

[This message has been edited by Marillion (edited 03-19-2001).]
Old 03-19-2001, 10:26 PM   #3
Stiklestad
Dungeon Master

Don´t mind in wasting xps in an NPC... you´ll get infinite more on the game... just choose another one and go on... It´s very fun to know the others and elevate their levels
Old 03-19-2001, 11:48 PM   #4
Aurican
Elminster

I try to keep my rangers in some sort of leather armor, but Minsc seems more a berserker than a ranger so I usually put him in some plate. The red dragon plate is good. Night's Gift is Leather armor +5 with a stealth bonus, I usually use that for my ranger. Shadow dragon scale also is good seeing that it allows stealth and has a reasonable AC.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 03-20-2001, 12:04 AM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Best armor......??
Plate mail: Red Dragon Plate
Leather armor: Shadow Dragon Armor
Chain mail: Bladesinger
Robes: Robe of Good/Evil/Neutral Arch-magi

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-20-2001, 05:28 AM   #6
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Best armor......??
Plate mail: Red Dragon Plate
Leather armor: Shadow Dragon Armor
Chain mail: Bladesinger
Robes: Robe of Good/Evil/Neutral Arch-magi

with the extra cds the robe of vecna (sp) is the best rob
Old 03-20-2001, 10:15 AM   #7
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Is everyone forgetting about Plate of the Hart +3? Best in the game...without exception...if you're only intersted in pure AC. I also like the Plate of Balduran (Collector's edition CD/download) and Plate +2, Pride of the Legion.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:29 AM   #8
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Basically the simplest answer is that the best armour is that with the lowest number for armour class. As the others said, special abilities can increase the attractiveness so to speak of armour. It all depends on the character you have. The red dragon scale is the best fo Jahiera as it is light and she can use a ring of protection as well. The best for Minsc would be the armour of Balduran if you have the extra shopkeepers or the armour of hart if you don't.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:20 PM   #9
Hesperex

Personaly I think that the best armour in the game is the Drow Admantine chain +5, There is a shall we say unconventional way of getting the stuff out of the underdark and into the sunlight without cheating.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com