Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I'm using a gadgeteer for the first time and I'm not sure how they work. She's just levelled up to level 7 and is tweaking her omnigun without any input from me, but as I understand it, I have to merge items myself to make gadgets? For example at the moment I have the microwave chip and magnifying glass and a lightning rod. How do I know what goes with what?

Also, this is an unrelated question, but anyway, what are quarrels and how do I use them? I never got a handle of them the last time I played but I have a bunch and I'm not sure what to do with them.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:59 PM   #2
Holywhippet
Dungeon Master

You can't just merge any items to make gadgets - there are a limited number of combinations that work. That lightning rod will already work by itself, just put it in the gadgeteer's inventory and use it during combat. Here's a list of other gadgets you can assemble : http://i45.narod.ru/wiz/gadgets.html

If you don't want to use the list above then just keep trying to combine every gadget together to see what works. Note that gadgets will require a certain class level and engineering skill to use. At least one actually requires you currently be a gadgeteer but most can still be used if you change class.

Quarrels are ammunition for crossbows just as arrows are ammunition for bows. The omnigun will be able to fire them as well when it is upgraded sufficiently.
Holywhippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:01 PM   #3
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Quarrels are used by crossbows. They can also be used by a later version of the Omnigun (an automatic improvement as you level up).

You merge items to make gadgets. In inventory I pick up the new gadget item to check, click on merge, and then click all other gadgets in inventory. Some you have to be advanced in engineering to use (the message is different than you can't merge those gadgets, I think it says so-and-so can't merge them). Engineering goes up with item use. I boost it at every level to the max.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:44 PM   #4
Holywhippet
Dungeon Master

I forgot the mention. The gadget list provided isn't 100% accurate - there are a few gadgets that weren't put into the game ever though they are listed. The following can't be made : Watchdog alarm and demon in the box.
Holywhippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:28 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Using the lightning rod is a good way to bring up engineering skill. It does eat up the stamina, though, as do all gadgets.

Any time you find a strange item, look closely at the description. Most gadgets will have "gadget" in there, so you know it's something you can use. Or at least, your gadgeteer can use.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 11:15 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Cool, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] .

One question though, in the list of items gadgeteers can make, it lists duct tape and electrodes as sold by Anna in Arnika. However I've just been shopping at her store and she doesn't have either of those for sale. Normal?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Merchant inventories change 3 times a day (twice they get stuff and once they get rid of some). The inventory is rolled when you initiate conversation with your kissy lips. If you save before that, you can reload to see what else might appear, or you can camp and do the same to see what might appear next time, once you get their schedules figured out. (they do change, i'm not sure, maybe it's all based on what time it is when you first meet them, or enter their Zone...)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler
Don't forget, that you can merge weapons, too . One is dangerous because the game can crash, so don't merge two daggers. The other is (IMO) a very good ranged weapon.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Loudhy ]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 08:31 AM   #9
Starfire
The Magister

I merged the two daggers only once, my game did not crash but the new dagger was not usable by anyone! lol
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

Also gadgets which are usable outside of combat are good to train up your skills since even if you get unconscious you come back in a few seconds.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote