Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 12:11 PM   #1
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can someone tell me if this is a bug in the cd? I am at the point where Kerah appears to Cet and is transformed and it freezes - this has happened twice now! Also, I have both Champions' keys but can't figure out where you use them?
Getting quite frustrated now as all I can do is reboot my computer.
Elliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 12:39 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well this certainly shouldn't be happening.
What's your hardware, memory and OS??

Are you over near the Portal of Isis??

The place to use the two keys is east and then south from the Portal of Isis area. Down some steps to where you see a river of lava. The Keys will only work after the Portal has been activated.

If your game continues to crash - zip up a copy of the gamexx.sav and email it to me!

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 12:42 PM   #3
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read through some of the past threads and see that this has happened to people in the past. Also, guess I better find the lich heart before and I missed the holy water fountain! Back to the drawing board and hope that next time I get to the portal it doesn't freeze!! Still can't find those damn elevators ......
Old 04-01-2001, 12:44 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Elliecat:

Check here http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html and see if Xignal's great maps can't help you out!!

Good Luck!!

Wyv
Old 04-08-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok so I just retried my game - haven't had a chance to play for a week. Did everything I missed the first time. Didn't touch the keyboard and this time it froze up after Kerah was transformed and Cet was just telling me should I kill Kerah and then ....... What next Wyv - should I try again?
Old 04-08-2001, 12:07 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ellicat: Sometimes increasing the size of your swap file helps.

At the Windows desktop, right-click "My Computer", and choose "Properties". Click on the Performance Tab, then click on the "Virtual Memory" button. Click on the button that says "Let me manage my own Virtual Memory settings, and set Minimum to at least 300. Click OK, then OK again. You'll need to restart the computer to get this to work.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 12:12 PM   #7
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had it freeze quite often during my first game. Now as soon as Cet appears I walk over to one of the corners behind a pillar and just watch - no mouse or keyboard.

Eventually Bad Kerah will shoot a minor zap spell at the party; I do nothing and wait until Cet disappears and then save the game. From here I attack Kerah, save when she asks for water, give her the water, and then hands-off mouse and keyboard until she disappears.

Using this process I haven't had any lockups in subsequent playthroughs.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 12:22 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Xignal - kewl!! That should help many players!!

Wyv
Old 04-08-2001, 12:25 PM   #9
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Tried changing the virtual memory but to no effect. Unfortunately I saved the game once Kerah had appeared so I guess I'll have to back track a bit and try your theory Xig. Also, can someone tell me why when I post to the board it never remembers my name or password - it used to on the old board. Thanks for all the help
Old 04-08-2001, 12:45 PM   #10
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok so I tried hiding behind the pillar - no mouse no keyboard waited for Kerah to appear and ..... froze up at exactly the same place. Looks like I'm feted never to finish this game. Trouble is I have to reboot my computer each time which is a real drag.