Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #61
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

Minor correction: My flight yesterday was cancelled. This is the day where I might have a slight delay in posting because of AA's incompetence.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #62
Encard
Quintesson

Mmm... got to love those airlines.

And on a side note, I'm in, with a great hurrah of plot hook accepting.

[ 01-16-2007, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #63
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

Flight went without a hitch today, and after lugging over a hundred pounds of stuff a quarter-mile and up some stairs, I'm back!
Old 01-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #64
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Alright, so, we've gotten into the game a bit, everyone's had a chance to do some posting, read some of my posts, react to them, etc.

So the question is: What's everyone's impression so far? I know it may be a bit early to ask, but I wanted to know if there's anything that's getting on anyone's nerves before it gets so bad that they decide to quit or lose interest in the game.

Anything lacking about my posts, my posting style, anything about the other players, the way the game is run, etc.?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #65
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

There's a definite lack of interaction, but that's on the players' parts and not yours. But then, you've never been big on it, have you?

I would like to see stuff happen and really get into the plot, but I guess I'll have to be patient. But yes, it is early. But stuff would be good, yes.

Nothing to get on my nerves yet. Game seems to be running... the same as any of your games, which means its still standing and I've no complaints. Yet.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:43 PM   #66
Encard
Quintesson

Everything looks good so far - the only issue I have is with the speed, and that's not anything the DM can really change. It'll also be a blessing later on once the semester's workload really gets heavy, I have a feeeling. In any case, I'm quite interested to see where things go.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #67
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

1. I’m happy. Purple’s posts seem good to me – plenty of detail and more always there on request. I’m also noticing the lack of extensive dialog (compared to other threads that I’ve tried but failed to follow). But Purple did suggest to me when I asked for any tips that he prefers action to pages and pages of people sitting about pretending to be other people (I forget the exact wording . . . ).

2. On the interaction thing it’s also struck me that our characters haven’t done much chatting but we also haven’t really stopped yet – again, this might be a good thing. I was half expecting (or thinking about trying to influence - but see point 3) that we’d have a bit of a sit somewhere after the current situation resolves itself along ‘so why are you here?’ lines or similar but again I’m quite easy about that. Also, my character being a bit quiet (at least to start with) is part of her background and personality but she’s already learning the value of talking to other people as I’ve tried to indicate.

3. My observation as a first-timer at this is that it can be quite tricky interpreting or guessing and especially influencing what other people are going to do – I’m learning to not get too attached to any future happening and just see what emerges.

4. I’ve also found it a touch slow at times (especially when something exciting happens and I was genuinely excited when my girl failed her stealth roll) but that strikes me as inevitable with six of us posting. Unless we give Purple scripts and allow him to play our characters for us if we don’t post then any detailed encounter is going to go into ‘slow motion’ while we wait for everybody to chip in.

Probably enough rambling - generally I’m really enjoying it.

I’m happy to take on any observations, niggles, annoyances on any of my rp posts by the way.

[ 01-18-2007, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #68
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Apologises for the post of mine before Armen's. I misread Purple's description. To me, huts = a few, whereas, village = more. I read it as a few huts before the village. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #69
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Ahead of time, I'd just like to note that if any distances or sizes I give out seem totally ludicrous or at odds with what I've said before, it might be the yards/feet/inches thing. I'm from a land of meters and centimers, but I'm using yards, feet, inches, etc. because most of my players tend to be US or UK.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #70
dplax
Jack Burton

Sorry about my absence for about half the weekend, but my DNS server decided to stop working on Sunday and only just came back online.

[ 01-22-2007, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Closed Thread