Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 04:08 PM   #71
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, i would personally enjoy a Starcraft: Brood War or an Age of Empires II forum, or maybe a Final Fantasy forum for even more people...

but generally, a PlaneScape: Torment forum would be good.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-18-2001, 04:42 PM   #72
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
well, i would personally enjoy a Starcraft: Brood War or an Age of Empires II forum, or maybe a Final Fantasy forum for even more people...

but generally, a PlaneScape: Torment forum would be good.
I'm for Starcraft BroodWar. Even if this is a CRPG forum, many people also play Starcraft etc.
Old 10-18-2001, 05:04 PM   #73
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Like Saz, I think that a forum for Morrowind would be very nice (once it comes out of course). A general sci-fi forum would be good to. As far as books and stories, we would just have to modify the current D&D book forum to incorporate them.

Also, after creating the War on Terrorism forum, it might be an idea to create a forum devoted purely to political, foreign relations issues

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 05:25 PM   #74
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Planescape:Torment

'nuff said

------------------

"The Martyr" (excerpt)

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)
Old 10-18-2001, 06:18 PM   #75
Arvon
Unicorn

Some one suggested a forum that just addresed questions of us newbies. This would be great. One place to find out 'how to'. I'd like to know how to do a sig and some of the other things. Also someone suggested that the 'smiley file be stored there... Might be worth while
Old 10-18-2001, 06:27 PM   #76
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

How about a forum for each clan? It would be a good place to put the building threads.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-18-2001, 06:33 PM   #77
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... I'd suggest a Divine Divinity forum. I know, you probably haven't heard of the game, but it will be great! I'd suggest going to www.larian.com and take a look at it. Unfortunately, everything but the forum and previews is fairly old, I think, but take a look at those. There a good number of recent previews, and the forums also have some good information. I'd strongly suggest taking a look at it. It's scary, but if it lives up to its potential, it could rival BG2 in quality, I think...

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 07:12 PM   #78
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL.. I remembered this ANCIENT thread and wondered who resurrected it! H. Sedai.. LOLOLOL

I'd agree with a roleplay forum if rules were posted and enforced. I'd like to see such a forum divided into Free form w/no dm and Free form w//DM areas, though.

I'm playing in an on board free form game with a DM and love the thing! But it DOES require a DM who pays attention and a moderator who knows how those things work.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-18-2001, 07:18 PM   #79
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
LOL.. I remembered this ANCIENT thread and wondered who resurrected it! H. Sedai.. LOLOLOL

I'd agree with a roleplay forum if rules were posted and enforced. I'd like to see such a forum divided into Free form w/no dm and Free form w//DM areas, though.

I'm playing in an on board free form game with a DM and love the thing! But it DOES require a DM who pays attention and a moderator who knows how those things work.

Cloudy

Sounds like a good idea Cloudy, I'd LOVE to be a DM, I used to be one, but I played with a bunch of nitwits who had all read the Monstrous Manual and had the opinion that the DM could NOT, no matter WHAT change the monsters in ANY way, which resulted in a lot of arguments, or when I allowed a player or monster to be hit without a roll for storyline purposes, those players who gained nothing from it were immediately up in arms to defend their opinions, *sigh* And there was ALWAYS something for them to complain about, either they didn't get enough treasure at all or one of the other players had gotten three copper pieces more, and if they couldn't complain about the treasure they would try to fight the story at every point, once, the party's bard even went so far as to massacre a small village just to oppose the storyline, *sigh* Nothing worse than playing PnP with a bunch of utter morons, luckily, that wouldn't be a problem if I were to play PnP with anyone from this board.

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-18-2001).]
Old 10-18-2001, 07:30 PM   #80
Debaser

i think there should really be a Planescape Torment board on Ironworks...
i've kind of stopped playing the game currently, partially coz it's kind of complex plotwise and i want to make sure that i'm making the best decisions and stuff.....
it would just be mad helpful to have such a board, i'm sure more people feel the same way