Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 07:04 PM   #1
morgain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a beginner in the game and I can't find an help Website in french. But it does not really matter in fact : I'im playing the english game. Here's my problem : I have the rat pie and must give it to Rathpian, but I can't find him in the crypt : I opened the door by clicking on the lion (or sphynx or whatever it is...) and when I go down the stairs, I find no one. I did it several times (and not at the same time) : no result.
Where's this bloody old stout?? Please help !
morgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:31 PM   #2
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't really know where you are but I will tell you what I know about Rathpian and his location. There is some broken stairs and you will fall down them go ahead that is the right direction you don't really need Rathpian so I killed him. but you continue on your way down you give him the rat pie and there will be a chest in one of those rooms over there go in it open the chest keep the crystal and back where you fell down there were some angels there will be a slot for the crystal there put it in and it is an elevator go up and kill that dude. turn around and push the button but don't go down the elevator get on top of it. Well that is all I will tell you. hope you get what you need out of that.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:33 PM   #3
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

oh ya and welcome to the Board!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:09 PM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't think you are actually in the crypt yet. It sounds like your still in the the entance.. .. You need to find the lever that opens the second door. Look very carefully at the wall on your left.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:23 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, morgain!!!

Packrat is correct - you've opened the outer door but you haven't entered the crypt yet. When you go down the stairs, check the wall on your left for a lever (it is hard to see in the dark) to really enter the crypt!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 10:34 PM   #6
morgain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks a lot everybody but just after having cried out my distress, I returned to my game (you addicted !) and finally discovered this lever on the wall (I was in the entrance, yes) and I reached ole Rethpian finally. Actually I'm trying to find a way to grasp this crystal under the water but I can't. I discovered an amulet, this kind of magic staff (Bubble?) and an angel statue, who had moved between my first and second visit, (or is it a dream due to a lack of sleep ?). If I well understand Loumistro, there is a chest with the (right) crystal inside and the other one under water may not be the good one to insert nearby the door ? I believed having opened all the chests, but I'm returning AT ONCE to go and see the nice rat eater and steal him his jewelry !!!

PS : I hope my english is not too confused. If it's the case, put the blame on sun (sunny days in Provence actually, and I'm always in front of the crypt skeletons. Maybe I should better go to the beach...)

See you later (if I don't find this missing crystal...).
morgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 06:02 AM   #7
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well then;

1.) The chest actually contains the Bauble stick. You have to use the bauble stick, to get the under water crystal. (click on the USE/GIVE icon..click on use..scroll down, until the stick appears..click on the crystal)... .. there is also a key thats out of reach...remember where it is. You'll be able to reach it later in the game, when you get to the tombs .

2.) The crystal is used to get you into the tomb of F'lokis Ra. ( accessed by an elevator, back in the room with the broken stairs.)

3.) Kill F'lokis to get his neckless. (?locket?) You'll need it when you talk to Kerah's statue. (right click on the locket..click on the scroll, to read)

4.) Before you leave F'lokis..Remember what Rathpian said about the secret chamber above his tomb..Send the elevator down, but get off before it moves..When it comes back up, jump on top.

As for the other amulet. If it's a big green, winged thing, It's algamesh's amulet. Later on, you can trade it to Kerielle for some potion. The potion is supposed to help you kill Elyssia, in the serpent temple, but the amulet is ...AC + 1..protect poison 50%..Cure poison spell, 3 charges... So, you can trade it or wear it. It's up to you.. (I forgot to use the potion and was still able to kill her.)

Hope this helps...keep us posted.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:41 AM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Lol, since I never listen to people in the Serran (turned the talking off); what´s that potion supposed to do? Either shield some of her effects or do more damage? With the potion you still get stoned, paralyzed etc. Naah, keep the necklace and give the potion to Sabastio and see if it has some effect on him! Maybe it´ll shut him up! Well, at least one can hope so, lol...

ps. Killing Xydusa is really simple after all...
Old 06-12-2002, 07:33 PM   #9
Nameless One
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't kill Xydusa. Lure her away from the door she's guarding, then use Kerielle's potion on her. It will paralyze Xydusa. Then when you finally meet Elyssia she will ask you to drink the sacred nectar. If you say yes, whichever character is selected will get the Snake Skin trait (+50% poison resistance). Then after you kill Elyssia you can go back and kill Xydusa, so you don't lose any experience points.

The best tips thread has a similar tip, but it's incorrect. It says that you have to join the Seprent cult in order to get the Snake Skin trait. I just tested it two days ago, and you can get the trait having killed everyone including the serpent master up until you meet Elyssia. The only thing you can't kill is Xydusa. By the way, if you don't kill Kreug and the Serpent Master when you first meet them, they will come to Elyssia's aid when you try to kill her, so it's actually better to kill them when you first meet them.