Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2001, 12:57 PM   #51
Lavindathar
Harper

I haven't read through this thread, so I dont know whether these have been mentioned or not.

1.Slash has to be the best probably, who could beat his guitar solo's whilst he was with Guns N Roses? Sweet Child was so good it was amazing. Also, Paradise City and November Rain are great.

2.John Frusciante (excuse the spelling). He was a guitar genius, his solo's were amazing, and it is a shame that he is no longer here. When he played on RHCP's Under The Bridge, although it was simple, he played it with such emotion, it became a masterpiece.

3.Billie Joe Armstrong - Although not brilliant, he's probably my favourite. He has turned Punk music into something better than any other kind.....although his songs are only three chords (usually), he can play solo's when needed, and i have seen him LIVE do the famous "knowledge" solo, where he inverts and reverses the guitar, and plays it behind his head (in effect, he plays it upside down and backwards with his wrong hand). It was amazing. BJA also plays in the best band ever.

Thats all for the moment......Oh yeah, Clapton's leyla is amazing, as is the Shadows' apache.

------------------
Old 07-23-2001, 02:48 AM   #52
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I haven't read through this thread, so I dont know whether these have been mentioned or not.

1.Slash has to be the best probably, who could beat his guitar solo's whilst he was with Guns N Roses? Sweet Child was so good it was amazing. Also, Paradise City and November Rain are great.

2.John Frusciante (excuse the spelling). He was a guitar genius, his solo's were amazing, and it is a shame that he is no longer here. When he played on RHCP's Under The Bridge, although it was simple, he played it with such emotion, it became a masterpiece.

3.Billie Joe Armstrong - Although not brilliant, he's probably my favourite. He has turned Punk music into something better than any other kind.....although his songs are only three chords (usually), he can play solo's when needed, and i have seen him LIVE do the famous "knowledge" solo, where he inverts and reverses the guitar, and plays it behind his head (in effect, he plays it upside down and backwards with his wrong hand). It was amazing. BJA also plays in the best band ever.

Thats all for the moment......Oh yeah, Clapton's leyla is amazing, as is the Shadows' apache.

Ummmmmm Concerning #1.

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robin Trower, David Gilmour, Rick Emmet, Alex Liefson, Kirk Hammet, James Hettfield, either one of the guys from Iron Maiden or either one of the guys from Judas Priest.

Oops forgot to mention Zakk Wilde, Vivian Campbell, Tony Iome, Pual Gilbert and Yngwie Malmsteen. And Angus Young.

Sorry if I offened any GnR fans out there but i think there were alot better bands and Slash just happened to be the most talented person in a band with very little talent. They did have great timing though.... they were in the right place at the right time. Had 2 or 3 decent tunes (and I DONT mean November Rain) and they started a few riots and they were history. All in all I think history will show they really sucked. Hard.

Just my personal opinion.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Earthdog (edited 07-23-2001).]
Old 07-23-2001, 05:15 AM   #53
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Ummmmmm Concerning #1.

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robin Trower, David Gilmour, Rick Emmet, Alex Liefson, Kirk Hammet, James Hettfield, either one of the guys from Iron Maiden or either one of the guys from Judas Priest.

Oops forgot to mention Zakk Wilde, Vivian Campbell, Tony Iome, Pual Gilbert and Yngwie Malmsteen. And Angus Young.

Sorry if I offened any GnR fans out there but i think there were alot better bands and Slash just happened to be the most talented person in a band with very little talent. They did have great timing though.... they were in the right place at the right time. Had 2 or 3 decent tunes (and I DONT mean November Rain) and they started a few riots and they were history. All in all I think history will show they really sucked. Hard.

Just my personal opinion.

Hmm I think personally that some of the stuff on Slash's Snakepit albums proves his excellence

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 07-23-2001, 06:09 PM   #54
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Dunno, but I´m a pretty good singer...as if anyone cares...mph

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-24-2001, 07:46 AM   #55
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Well ive been fortunate enough not to have heard any of Slash's solo stuff. He never impressed me with GnR. Some of his GnR leads were decent but Ive got no use for a bunch of heroin junkies. Never have never will.

I remember when Kurt Cobain(sp?) of Nirvana Committed suicide. All the lil 12 year olds called into the radios stations talking about what a tragedy it was. It WASNT a tragedy. Tragedy is when someone dies in a car wreck or plane crash. Kurt Cobain took his own life because he was too stupid to spend some of his $175 million to get help for his heroin problem.

Its not a TRAGEDY its a major WASTE. There are clinics. There are ways to wheen someone off the drugs. Maybe he thought of that ugly ass ole lady of his right before he pulled the trigger. Thinking about her is surely enough to make you want to hang yourself.

Cobain was a MORON and thats the way I feel about all heroin junkies. And everybody in GnR was, if not still are, heroin junkies. Ive got no use for them.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2001, 12:49 PM   #56
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Earthdog:
Please try not to be so rude in your comments, drug-addiction is not something you should blame. Its an illness, you dont have to be a moron to fall into drugs, and though it can be treated in clinics as you say, sometimes its not that easy to do it. Anyway this is my personal opinion, as respectable as yours...

But now, as a moderator, I ask you to speak in a more polite way, remember that there are kids who read these forums...

Thanks

------------------
"I wish my Angel was here... I fear nothing with her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 07-24-2001, 02:49 PM   #57
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks Ertai, I think Earthdog's post was uncalled for. Unfortunately drug addiction is not as simple as you depict it, and you may be hurting people by your post.

Anyway I never posted to this thread but I have to put this in:

I LOVE MUSE's BASS PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is he GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Muse is great anyway...the singer is fantastic, one of the best new bands around....
Also love the guy from the Tea Party...Jeff Martin I think is his name? Saw them live a couple of times....

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 07-24-2001, 03:58 PM   #58
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Thanks Ertai, I think Earthdog's post was uncalled for. Unfortunately drug addiction is not as simple as you depict it, and you may be hurting people by your post.

Anyway I never posted to this thread but I have to put this in:

I LOVE MUSE's BASS PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God is he GOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Muse is great anyway...the singer is fantastic, one of the best new bands around....
Also love the guy from the Tea Party...Jeff Martin I think is his name? Saw them live a couple of times....

What is MUSE? I´m only interested, because I´m a semi-pro bass-player.

------------------
-UCANTZEECALIFORNIAWITHOUTMARLONBRANDOSEYEZ-
Old 07-24-2001, 04:35 PM   #59
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Well ive been fortunate enough not to have heard any of Slash's solo stuff. He never impressed me with GnR. Some of his GnR leads were decent but Ive got no use for a bunch of heroin junkies. Never have never will.

I remember when Kurt Cobain(sp?) of Nirvana Committed suicide. All the lil 12 year olds called into the radios stations talking about what a tragedy it was. It WASNT a tragedy. Tragedy is when someone dies in a car wreck or plane crash. Kurt Cobain took his own life because he was too stupid to spend some of his $175 million to get help for his heroin problem.

Its not a TRAGEDY its a major WASTE. There are clinics. There are ways to wheen someone off the drugs. Maybe he thought of that ugly ass ole lady of his right before he pulled the trigger. Thinking about her is surely enough to make you want to hang yourself.

Cobain was a MORON and thats the way I feel about all heroin junkies. And everybody in GnR was, if not still are, heroin junkies. Ive got no use for them.

I really think you should apoligize for this. Beside, most people will think I am crazy for saying and you will think "Ah, what do you know he was before you time" but I do my research and I personaly think somone killed him. But thats another aurgument.

As for "12 year old little kids" everyone needs a hero to look up too. He was more then just a hero to 12 year old kids, I know people that wear in there 20's when nirvana came out that liked them as well as kurt. If you have no use for junkies then you have no use for more then half the people in show biz/ music. Cobain was not a moron. He was a genuis. Guitar wise, music wise. So he was depressed wasnt that what the hole seattle/grunge movment was about.

What about Jimi Hindrex? Was he a moron. What about Hiliel Slovack, was he also? What about Morrison, Joplin, I could go on. But I am not, because I know that you will not lesion to me, a matter of fact I dont know why I typed all this out.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be
Old 07-24-2001, 05:16 PM   #60
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Tommy Bolin died from heroin also, if you know who he was. Moni does! That guy could play! Sort of a hard-rock/jazz fusion. Before he went solo he played with The James Gang and Deep Purple.