Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
Son of Osiris

Today I've played "Escape from Undermountain" and I can tell you this: Soldiers Grave and Orb of Abregation don't have ANYTHING on EfU! If sweet detail was a crime, someone call the cops on the creator of the mod! But I have a couple of minor problems with it:

[img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I don't believe that Goblins and Drow work together because there is a drow phrase that goes "L'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol" which means "The best Goblin is a dead goblin."

[img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] None of the drow speak their native tongue! Great! That means I went through the trouble of Custom-Making an in-game Drow Dictionary for nothing! But hey, that can change. Here's a Drow dictionary for you: http://www.mindspring.com/~sylverion/nwn/dicttop.htm

[img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] I'm not sure if trees grow in the Underdark. I haven't seen any plants in the Underdark in BG2 or in any HotU Screenshot at nwn.bioware.com

But aside from that, the mod kicks ass. Well, I better be going. Aluve'.

[ 11-29-2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: The Whackmiester ]
Old 11-29-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I can at least answer the third one for you. This is not the Underdark...it is the Famous Undermountain of Halaster the Mad, the crazy wizard, rumored to be alive but few know for certain. Many of his tunnels and caverns are filled with many illusions and other fell magics that could indeed be the cause of "indoor" forestry and weather. Remember that this is a magic-enchanced enviroment, and that the only reason that Halaster is not a Chosen is because (if I remember correctly), Mistra's magical enfusion blew his mind beyond repair and also something of a rumor of him choosing Shar at one time in his life over Her, though now is repentant of that...but anyway, you get my point. He is powerful.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:35 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by The Whackmiester:
Today I've played "Escape from Undermountain" and I can tell you this: Soldiers Grave and Orb of Abregation don't have ANYTHING on EfU! If sweet detail was a crime, someone call the cops on the creator of the mod! But I have a couple of minor problems with it:

[img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] I don't believe that Goblins and Drow work together because there is a drow phrase that goes "L'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol" which means "The best Goblin is a dead goblin."

[img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] None of the drow speak their native tongue! Great! That means I went through the trouble of Custom-Making an in-game Drow Dictionary for nothing! But hey, that can change. Here's a Drow dictionary for you: http://www.mindspring.com/~sylverion/nwn/dicttop.htm

[img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] I'm not sure if trees grow in the Underdark. I haven't seen any plants in the Underdark in BG2 or in any HotU Screenshot at nwn.bioware.com

But aside from that, the mod kicks ass. Well, I better be going. Aluve'.
They don't 'work' together but it is not uncommon for a Drow to take on a personal goblin slave when she gets bored with the drow male doing her bidding [img]smile.gif[/img] .

As for the native tongue thing, well none of the goblins do either. Or the hobgoblins or the minotaurs or anything. This is the way NWN's was made since Bio thought it'd be pretty boring if you had to go and learn whole languages to interact with the game. We can assume that you already know the language and the game is translating it into common. Actually, if you are an elf or half-elf then this is what happens.

You're right trees don't grow in the underdark but as Larry said this ain't it. It's the interior of a mountain. There are some levels of EFU (the OC) that twisted into the underdark but they are not in Ziroc's mod yet (well...there's one).

[ 11-30-2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]