Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #51
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, oomphaz armour is out there, but as I said, I do not think there are oomphaz robes. That means that an oomphaz spellcaster, not eligible for wearing armour, is not very well protected. As So_So pointed out there is a trait called "spirit [bb]shield[/b]". It increases the AC stat by 4 when wearing robes. But it does nothing if one cannot find any robes. Furthermore it only works in the patched version of the game.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #52
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Robes will fit anyone... even an Oomphaz. They must be made of stretchy lycra or something.

*imagines an Oomphaz wearing lycra biker shorts*

*shudder*

Hope I've made a difference in your day...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:02 AM   #53
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Blessing and enchanting... yep, you're a ways off from them now.

First thing you need to do is to get to level 3 in the Wizards or Priests Guilds. That lets you learn the Enchantment or Cabalist traits, which let you enhance something magically. The Wizards' is something other than "Enchantment", but I'm too lazy to go look at the book right now.

Once you've got the trait, you now need to improve the skill (enchantment or blessing). You can cast one enchantment or blessing per level of your skill. Of course, you do need to know an Artifacts spell in order to do either...

Once you've got the trait, the skill, and the spell, head into the temple or wizards guild and do your best. Some items already carry enchantments, and you can't enhance them until your skill is higher than the level of enhancement they currently have.

Read more about it in the Best Tips thread, including what spells do what enchantments and blessings.
-+-+-+
Old 03-12-2004, 04:02 AM   #54
Target
Red Dragon

I have another daft question.

I’ve gone to the grave yard and completed the first level of the ‘crypt’. At first I didn’t go down the ‘broken’ set of stairs, so went down the other and found a big statue (for the Paladin quest I’m guessing) a log gate and a section of wall that was a different colour, could not open the gate so tried the other set of stairs.
Got down them sore big door with a skull on could not open, so went further found that strange chap who likes rats, got the burble stick and the crystal but still could not open anything, or get back up the broken stairs…what am I doing wrong??

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:34 AM   #55
bsftcs
Red Dragon

First of all the statue is not for the paladin quest. The "paladin" statue is found by Nymph Lake not far from Harespia's house. In the final stages of the game you will encounter another on the Enchanted Sea.

Back to the question at hand: In the big round chamber between the flooded room and the broken stairway - right next to the big skull-like adornment - there is a receptacle. There you place the crystal. It activates an elevator.

You should also be able to jump the space between the two parts of the broken stairway. You have to run and jump. You can also try bridgeing the gap by using a crate.

I hope this helps. Once you have completed the room to which the elevator leads there is another thing you must do to open the portcullis by the statue. I will not reveal that now since it would be spoiling. It can, however, be a bit tricky to find out how to open the portcullis - so do ask again if you have difficulties in that respect. Also remember Rethpian's word about a secret room above the F'Lokis Ra chamber. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-12-2004, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 03-12-2004, 06:43 AM   #56
WillowIX
Apophis

That enormous statue is needed to open the gate you can't open by yourself. A borish creature will want to have an aggressive debate with you after going up the elevator. He drops something shiny that's very pleasant to the eye. Not knowing if you want spoilers or not I'll refrain from hinting any more.

[ 03-12-2004, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 04:58 AM   #57
Target
Red Dragon

Found the way into the room with F'Lokis Ra, was surprised to find that he didn't attack, talked for a bit and just stood there, so I killed him, found the room above as well. But still can't get through the portcullis in the room with the big statue...so help, how do I do that??

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:16 AM   #58
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Read the inscription on the medallion. Stand in front of the statue and say one of the two things. Either "Sanctus Kerah" or "Blessed be Kerah". Both should work. You have to type the words in yourself. They do not automatically appear in the dialogue box. Be sure you have spelled it correctly. [img]smile.gif[/img] The statue should then say a few words then open the portcullis.

On a side note: According to Radek one has to have the medallion in one's inventory (or wear it) in order for this sequence to work. So in your next game you cannot just run in there and make the statue open the grate.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:40 AM   #59
Target
Red Dragon

What medallion? I don't think I have one...

Old 03-19-2004, 09:55 AM   #60
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

That would be the shiny thing that Willow referred to, and that F'lokis Ra dropped when he died... again...
-+-+-+