Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 01:52 AM   #1
vlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all:

Okay I am in the boogre prison and I am having trouble giving the boogre brew to the Bongu Idol I keep getting burned by the magic fire. What am I doing wrong???

Thanx
Vlad

Pain is lifes way of telling you you are still alive. Death is lifes way of telling you to slow down.
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 02:00 AM   #2
RostamTheGrey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You don't have to walk up to it. Just stand back directly in front of it and I think you use the brew on the statue (instead of give)
RostamTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 02:03 AM   #3
vlad
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried that but my guys just wander around on thier own round and round they go just trying to get there when I use or give.

Vlad
vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 09:15 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi vlad!!!

Odd problem, not certain why this is happening. I would have my group approach the idol until he started getting burn damage and then take one step back. I had no difficulty after that using the brew on the idol to get the perks.

Try it again (save first!) and see if you manage it. Hope you manage to get some perks soon! If you still are unable to - you could email me a zipped copy of your game and I can see if I can get it to work on my own machine.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:09 AM   #5
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I have run into this trouble many times. You have to approach the idol close enough to touch it, but if you are too close you get burned. If you are too far away, the computer moves you closer and burns you. This happens more on the unpatched version than on the patched.

I have two solutions. 1) Try to get close to the idol between two of the flames. If you get burned, just step back a small step and then try to use the brew.
2) If you have a Lavawalk scroll or the Lavawalk spell, cast it and you will not get burned by the flames. You can stand in the middle of the flames and never feel a thing. I have even found that I am more likely to get a trait instead of an increase to fortitude when I am standing in the flames.

Hope this helps!

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 10:38 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Knarfling - another excellent tip!!!

Would be a great addition to the BEST TIPS!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote