Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2000, 10:16 PM   #1
mrmetal

Okay, I just freed the famed ghost from the clutches of the big hephaestus (or however you spell his/her/its name) and rushed back to Ishad N'Ha because two things happened:

1. My main character (strongest, best armor, best weapons) is dying of bloodlust. Now it seems that it is happening everytime I stumble into a fight. Does this continue for the rest of the game? Did it happen to anybody else? Did I break the code of the Mavin? Please, somebody tell me what's up with this disease.

2. I was attacked by those fu**ing mantraps (4 of them). I saved my game once I got back to the town and unpoisoned and resurrected my characters. Now everytime I leave the town, these things are a few steps away, and nothing I do can beat them. I've read all the posts about this, and they mostly say to sneak up behind them, but that's too late for me. I literally take five steps, and I get gassed by four plants and I die instantly. Somebody help this frustrated player.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-09-2000, 10:18 PM   #2
mrmetal

I just proofread my original post, I made a silly mistake.

My main character is not dying of bloodlust, but bloodthirst. That's bloodthirst. This may change things a little.

Thanks again!
Old 12-09-2000, 10:59 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

Your post was a thirty minutes ago so you've probably got it all figured out but just incase . . . If you have blood thirst, I would guess you are a vampire. I have never been one but posts abound about them so you should find help there.

About the mantraps. I have heard that if something follows you to town, it will be waiting for you outside the gates whenever you leave. Fire works good on them but only at a distance . . . I would die pretty quick up close. Flame drop kind of slows them down so you can get away, but it sounds like you may not even have that option. If you can run like hell when you leave and get by then do flame from a distance and run, you might have a chance. (set all characters flame spells up before you leave town). Otherwise, a previous save, sorry. ONCE DEAD they do seem to stay gone.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:14 AM   #4
xenotoca

yep lucky old you you are now a vampire. Now for the good news........there is no cure. Healing spells wont work and you need to use your vampire bite on warm blooded monsters to survive. The pros and cons are described in the manual under the descriptions of traits. Dont like it then you will have to go to a save before you met the vamp in the castle and next time do not get bitten.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:24 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And if you do reload, next time you find the mantraps, run into the castle - they won't follow in there. Then you can snaek out and fry them from range.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote