Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2000, 09:52 AM   #1
Vorrin

Now first I am not picking on anyone or trying to be an unhelpful jerk but there seems to be a lack of effort on the part of peeps that ask questions on this board. Now I am the first to answer a question if I know the answer . . hell, I'll even try if I have no clue what I am talking about. The problem is that I seem to be answering the same questions on 10 different threads. Some peeps post a question that has been dealt with ad nauseum a page earlier. I know I sound mean but it seems that Wyv,Lily and all the answer gods and godesses are doing a lot of unnecessary repeating when the answers to most of the questions here can be found somewhere else on the board or in the spoiler section. This discounts Tech questions. I think those are unique. But I dont think its too much to ask for someone to check at least a few pages before just posting up a question. I know it sounds mean. I certainly dont mean to sound selfish or unhelpful. I just think its a 2 way street.

Vorrin
Old 12-09-2000, 10:05 AM   #2
Tortulho

Well, I apologise if I am inclusing in those you speak against, but I never managed to search the board as I always get "Connection Timed Out" when I try to seek if someone has already posted a question similar to mine....

Hope you find some forgiveness to me inside your heart...
Old 12-09-2000, 10:21 AM   #3
kingleong

Maybe the forum can come up with a search engine or maybe allow classification of post under different catorgize. These will help users to look for questions that already been posted more easily.
Old 12-09-2000, 11:21 AM   #4
Sourceror

Heh, on my first visit to this forum I did NOT notice the search function (it's kinda hidden in the top menu bar), but I skimmed through the first three pages to check if was going to ask a FAQ. Well, I didn't see something what would have answered my question so I posted it right away. However, two or three days later I stumbled across that nice "search" feature - and you guessed it, that stuff had been discussed before, only one or two pages further into the board than I had looked. Doh!

Anyways, my sincere "thank you" to all posters who patiently answer the same (or similar) questions for the umpteenth time!

Oh, and please don't take it the wrong way - but the ppl you're addressing will most likely *not* read your post at all. Perhaps integrate it into a "canned" reply, complete with links to the search feature for this forum and the FAQs maybe?
Old 12-09-2000, 11:16 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

I can't speak for anyone else . . . but I absolutely enjoy posting to the forum. It gets me out of the house. I homeschool my daughter and this is my coffee, lunch and evening break. CRPG can be a bit antisocial but this has added dimensions to my game and I often think of some of you as I play. (So, THAT was the voice you were hearing!) I too have had a bit of a problem with the search engine. Alphabetically starts at A or Z. I'd rather just ask and have some pleasant banter with fellow WW addicts. I only hope that my answers make sense or I haven't made an erroneous (?) deduction and steered someone wrong. PLEASE always correct me. I am only on my first time through!!! Who else would know what I meant when I say . . . I have the Mavin. Most of my friends would suggest I go to the Doc and get some penicillin! BTW - you have to stomp PRETTY HARD to step on my toes!
Old 12-10-2000, 12:57 AM   #6
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I understand your point, Vorrin, but remember that to newbies figuring out the board can be a challenge, just like the game. A good many don't understand that the board is not connected to the company and nobody has any obligation to answer anything.

What surprises me is that there are so few people coming on, demanding an answer, and flaming around when they don't get it immediately ... I've seen a lot of that on other (non-game) forums. It really is a very nice board.

And, just like Lily, there are a good many whose questions are really more of a vehicle for a little chat ... they don't really want just a bald answer. (unlike me, of course ... strictly business). What did you say your dog's name was?
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 01:39 AM   #7
Lily the Ranger

The white one is Lily, the gray one is Fritz.
Old 12-10-2000, 06:57 AM   #8
xenotoca

the search facility can be daunting and the answer you require may be tucked under a heading that bears no relation to the subject ie please help or what do I do next. We obviously have new players joining all the time as we are still getting Crypt questions whilst I am now at the pyramid so any Q`s about the game from the pyramid on I cannot help wereas Wvy is on her 2nd trip around. I also suspect we have a few players with Pirate copies as the questions they ask are clearly explained in the not to clear manual. But it is a nice board with so far only one flame and lots of personal banter and hey it helped me a couple of times so I am only to willing to return the favour.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:59 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Or check here:

http://www.seastop.com/wwhints.htm

for some helpful hints!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote