Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2001, 12:39 AM   #21
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

With a slight groan of annoyance, Sephi pulls a Potion of Healing out of his belt pouch and pours it down Larry's throat. While waiting for him to reciver, Sephi begins to speak to anybody who is close enough to listen, but particularly Larry and himself.

Nay, my friend, it is I who would like to be like you. You can still feel love, and that is a true blessing. Although, I suppose it is better to not feel at all then feel what you're going through right now, but you must persevere... it wouldn't do a great man like you any good to die by a thug's blade.
What I wouldn't do for someone to love me, and for someone to love back, if I could feel that at all. Any companionship, really... you should consider yourself lucky, friend, that you have someone...

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 12:39 AM   #22
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As she approaches, she notices a body lying in a grievous state of unconsciousness and physical injury. A sense of foreboding shrouds her soul... she walks briskly over... and sees Larry.

Uttering a single scream of despair, she runs forth, knocking every person in her path away and finally kneeling by Larry's side, cradling his head. Tears stream down her cheeks and she silently extracts a potion of extra healing from her robe. Tilting his chin upward and prising his mouth open, she pours the contents of the potion down his throat. Waiting for him to recover ~

(ooc: Larry - You're using up my potions real fast! )
Old 10-29-2001, 12:49 AM   #23
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>
Sorry everyone...but it is fifteen minutes to 1 am for me, and I am feeling rather heavy-eyed.
This is a good place for me to stop anyway...seeing that I am almost dead and all...I hope to see everyone tommorow!
Thanks everyone for your participation in tonight's run with me!
Welcome, Sephi...
Old 10-29-2001, 01:07 AM   #24
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ooc: okay the, g'night Larry!

hmm, i should probably go prepare for my sleep... gonna go take my bath now... maybe be back, idunno... probably though
Old 10-29-2001, 01:23 AM   #25
mistral4543

(ooc: Last post for me unless there is really further action. Welcome Sephi )

Her weary eyes stare fixedly at his face, which slowly regains some colour. His breathing appears easier, but the eyes remain closed. She places the back of her right palm against his forehead, then his neck... ~ Heavens, why is he both warm and cold to the touch?! ~

Hands trembling, she extracts Larry's girdle of frost giant strength and puts it on herself. Sensing the intrusive stares of the passers-by, her eyes flash with anger ~ "Mind your own business!" ~ As a surge of powerful energy flows into her veins, she lifts Larry without difficulty and carries him into the Five Flagons tavern. Ignoring Deiter and Spree's surprised glances, she yells ~ "Get him a good room! And fast!" ~

Within moments, Larry is resting in a royal-classed room while she watches him, her eyes blinking rapidly. She removes the girdle and fastens it around his waist once more. Impulsively, she sprawls herself against his chest. Breathing deeply, she closes her eyes and savours their proximity without his awareness. Her lips part and she whispers softly to him. ~ "Forgive me, Larry... forgive one who gropes blindly in the dark. I've never known what it is to love, and I still don't..." ~ her voice breaks ~ "But I never intended for this to happen... ever..." ~ A sob escapes her ~ "Whatever it is I'm feeling, it's tearing my heart so... to see you...like this..." ~ She wipes her eyes with her sleeves hurriedly and kneels beside the bed ~ "Sleep all you want, Larry, but promise me... you'll... wake... up..." ~

Her head droops, and finally collapses beside his.

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 01:42 AM   #26
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ooc: i think this'll be my last post for tonight... g'night, everyone! i'll be on about 4 pm tomorrow...

Sephi follows the two into the room, and roughly pushes aside the bouncer who tries to step in front of him. I'll watch over him, so move. The guard was reluctant, but a quick flash of Shocksword convinced him. He moved aside, letting Sephi take his post. Well, it sure looks like she returned to him... maybe he can return to what passes for normal in his mind?

ooc: i think this is as good a time as ever to post my description/abilities and such...

Name: Sephi
Class: Fighter/Thief
Level: 9/11
Alignment: Neutral Good
Equipment: Shocksword +2, 3 lightning damage, leather armor, Boots of Stealth, Piwafi Cloak, Jarlaxle's Ring of Dimension Door, Mercykiller Ring, Girdle of Piercing, Gloves of Pickpocketing, Amulet of Spell Warding, 3 Healing Potions, 2 Cure Poison potions, 5 Potions of Invisibility, 1 Potion of Haste, 1 Potion of Fiery Burning, 1500 GP
Thieving Skills: Pickpockets: 80%, Open Locks: 95%, Detect Traps: 83%, Move Silently: 95%, Stealth: 110%, Detect Illusion: 3, Set Traps: 40
Description: Dark brown eyes, light brown hair, wears all black, has a black hood on always, carries his weapon sheath on his back, high black boots, leather gloves. Well-toned muscles, great for quick movements.
Likes to be alone, in dark places, and in battle.
Dislikes people who pry into his business, boredom, and cowards
Personality: laid-back, slightly threatening/unnerving, cold except for anger

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 04:15 AM   #27
mistral4543

"Mistral, my child, your path is fraught with hindrances." ~ She gasps, recognising that dear voice she has longed to hear ~ "Mother! I'm with you and Father again!" ~ She opens her eyes, but strangely, all is darkness. ~ "What's happened to me?" ~ She panics ~ " Have I gone blind?" ~ "No, my child, you cannot see any of this because you're in a dream. You are very much alive, and we merely wished to converse with you for a moment." ~

Aragorn's deep voice begins to speak ~ "Contrary to what you've been thinking, Mistral, you've more than proven your ability to do well in your life…" ~ He pauses for a few seconds before adding ~ "…except in the area of love." ~ The irony in his voice is obvious ~ "All the emotions your mother wished you to have are within you, but you have yet to master the strongest of them all. Mistral, we can see your fears and doubts over your loved ones. It pains us to witness your misery... tell us, given a chance, would you rather be rid of these feelings of yours?" ~

Her mind begins to spin… ~ "Why, yes… I want peace… but I do want to belong to somewhere and someone else if I'm to be stuck on earth without you… I do not know what love is, till this day. Certainly, Larry means a lot to me, as does Kaz… but it is Larry whom I constantly flounder over." ~ She hears Eilonwy's soft laughter and grimaces ~ "It's not funny, Mother! Sometimes he tries my patience to the limit and I just want to box his ears… but the moment I see him all beaten up, I'm ready to die ten times over for him. Please, tell me if what I'm feeling is natural. I don't understand how I feel..." ~

For a long while, the air resounds with her parents' chuckles. Finally, Eilonwy replies in her silvery voice ~ "Yes, Mistral. It is perfectly natural. Love was never meant to be an easy path, and what you've described is very much how I felt towards your father in our early days of courtship. Of course, he gave me a worse time than Larry has done to you; Ursula and Fantine loved him as well, and for a while he could not quite make up his mind." ~ She stops to let Mistral absorb her words ~ "No, Larry is simply a young man floundering in his own quest to prove himself worthy of his father. Unlike you, he is sure of his love for you." ~

"Ultimately, you will decide if you can overlook his faults, as he constantly chooses to disregard yours. That, in my opinion, is the true test of love." ~ Her father continues ~ "Larry is a fine young man who needs a little encouragement and confidence in his adventuring ways; you, on the other hand, require some assurance in your affections. Both of you seem to complement each other in your areas of weaknesses… we should not object to him being your … " ~ His voice begins to fade… ~

In reality, she stirs in her sleep. Isabeau perches on the chair, watching her keenly.

Old 10-29-2001, 08:24 AM   #28
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Waking up, and finding Mistral alseep on his chest, Larry began to twirl that little lock of hair she had that he was so fond of...
Quietly, he whispers...

"Oh Mistral...Why have you come back to me? I cannot meet your expectations. I am only your hinderance to a better life. "

Trying to remember exactly how he ended up here was impossible. And what of his new ally, Sephi? Where did he get off to? That man was definately the one he needed to tone his own reflexes and abilities. But how would he find him again?

ooc...Sephi, I know you are outside the door, but my character does not.
Old 10-29-2001, 08:29 AM   #29
mistral4543

She hears some faint whispers and feels a ticklish sensation near her cheeks. Pouting a little, she reaches to hold the offending object. ~ It seems warm, somehow... ~ Her eyelids flutter, struggling to open to no avail ~ "Larry..." ~ she murmurs ~ "...forgive me..." ~

Old 10-29-2001, 09:54 AM   #30
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Responding to her plea, Larry says...

"It is I that have been the fool.
You have nothing to apologize for.
I am probably smothering you with too much attention.
You seem to want more distance and less commitment, and I have been doing the opposite.
If you do not love me or want me to protect you, then I shall back away...yet I have nowhere to go...no purpose to fulfill if you abandon me. I will end up no better than a mercenary, having no real aim in life, until the blade takes that life from me.

Larry chuckles at his own self...

"And how do I intend to protect you???, I wonder...I nearly got killed by an untrained ruffian with a butter-knife! ME! The owner of Nightblade, son of John Tenerac!"

Larry began laughing again, and he realized that his side did not hurt very much at all, unlike last night.