Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 03:31 PM   #11
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
My dear sir, Twas the mouth, and the noise came out of yonder regions eft unexplored
ROTFLMAO!!!! *snort-laugh*

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Honored to be a member of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-27-2001, 03:34 PM   #12
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
My dear sir, Twas the mouth, and the noise came out of yonder regions eft unexplored
Suuuuurrrrreeeee. You say that now, but I see the pink in your cheeks. I'll bet you had to lift the tail to warm the reed, didn't cha?

[This message has been edited by Sir Kenyth (edited 09-27-2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 06:40 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Well, last time I posted this dream I had it was a bit of a thread killer! I'll try again, because i'd really like to hear opinions... bear in mind I'm an atheist...

I am in the desert. I have lots of my friends with me, and I am taking them to a place I have been before - even though I am dreaming I know I have been there before in a previous dream. Slowly we come across a big square building in the desert. It is an ancient building, with large stones - sandstone - used to build the walls. I can see where the wind and sand has worn the stones. The wind is blowing, I try to keep the sand out of my eyes. There are steps leading up to a square door. I realise that I know we are somewhere in the middle-east, but nothing more specific. The people I am with have never been here before, but I have brought them here for a reason, to show them something special. Because the room once contained the holy grail, for one night, while it was being taken somewhere safe, by a monk or a saint who sheltered here from a storm. Nothing will ever destroy this building, it is holy. And if you sleep in the building at night, god will talk to you in your dreams. That is why I have brought my friends here. I find this scary, not wonderful. But I take my friends into the building. It is empty, but from somewhere comes strange yet beautiful ancient music. There is no wind. The floor is covered with sand, blown in over the years. No-one else knows about this place but me, and those I have brought here. Daylight comes in through the doorway, although dusk will not be long. There is no-one here but myself and my friends. Again, in my dream, I know that I have dreamed this before, but last time I was alone. I have to show my friends. We settle down to sleep, in silence, and darkness falls.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-27-2001, 06:45 PM   #14
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Well, last time I posted this dream I had it was a bit of a thread killer! I'll try again, because i'd really like to hear opinions... bear in mind I'm an atheist...
Well, not that I am a foremost expert on dreams or anything, but I could take a shot at it. Do you want a religious view or a psychological view?

------------------

Mage extraordinair.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

Old 09-27-2001, 06:52 PM   #15
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

I am in the desert. I have lots of my friends with me, and I am taking them to a place I have been before - even though I am dreaming I know I have been there before in a previous dream. Slowly we come across a big square building in the desert. It is an ancient building, with large stones - sandstone - used to build the walls. I can see where the wind and sand has worn the stones. The wind is blowing, I try to keep the sand out of my eyes. There are steps leading up to a square door. I realise that I know we are somewhere in the middle-east, but nothing more specific. The people I am with have never been here before, but I have brought them here for a reason, to show them something special. Because the room once contained the holy grail, for one night, while it was being taken somewhere safe, by a monk or a saint who sheltered here from a storm. Nothing will ever destroy this building, it is holy. And if you sleep in the building at night, god will talk to you in your dreams. That is why I have brought my friends here. I find this scary, not wonderful. But I take my friends into the building. It is empty, but from somewhere comes strange yet beautiful ancient music. There is no wind. The floor is covered with sand, blown in over the years. No-one else knows about this place but me, and those I have brought here. Daylight comes in through the doorway, although dusk will not be long. There is no-one here but myself and my friends. Again, in my dream, I know that I have dreamed this before, but last time I was alone. I have to show my friends. We settle down to sleep, in silence, and darkness falls.

Could be that, even though you choose not to believe in god, deep down inside you'd actually like to. Maybe you'd like to, but you want it on your terms because holy places and people in real life (churches pastors, and members) have disappointed you. Maybe?
Old 09-27-2001, 06:57 PM   #16
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
Could be that, even though you choose not to believe in god, deep down inside you'd actually like to. Maybe you'd like to, but you want it on your terms because holy places and people in real life (churches pastors, and members) have disappointed you. Maybe?
Hey! That was good! You just managed to succintly summarize the two separate ideas I was trying to blend for her. Very nice!

------------------

Mage extraordinair.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

Old 09-27-2001, 07:02 PM   #17
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Hey! That was good! You just managed to succintly summarize the two separate ideas I was trying to blend for her. Very nice!

*Blushes and shuffles feet*

Aw shucks! It warnt nuthin.
Old 09-27-2001, 07:08 PM   #18
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
*Blushes and shuffles feet*

Aw shucks! It warnt nuthin.
Yes it was!!! (((hugs)))

------------------

Mage extraordinair.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

Old 09-27-2001, 07:09 PM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Mmmmm. Dunno, That's a thought, but doesn't seem to fit. I live in England, which is a fairly agnostic place - so we don't really have religion shoved down our throats in a way that would necesarily put us off - but most people never really come into much contact with any ardent religious views IMHO. I like 'holy' places - I love gothic cathedrals and also pre-christian sites such as stone circles etc. In a way it must be great if you can believe in something just because you believe it (as it were) but I prefer science. I suppose maybe that I think that if there were suddenly any sure proof of the existence of a higher being (ie. god) that I would find it threatened my belief in material existence - I find ghosts also figure a lot in my dreams as figures of fear, possibly for the same reason - that their existence would challenge my belief? - because I think that as a biological being, once you're dead, that's it - no heaven, no re-incarnation, no afterlife, no haunting possible - and so I think my dreams challenge my waking beliefs?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-27-2001, 10:18 PM   #20
andora20
Manshoon

Hi Epona,
I had a recurring dream not unlike yours before, the only difference was I didn't know anyone there but we were all conected in some way. We were all standing round wearing toga's and we were witnessing something in the sky, but it was too bright so we had to watch it in a solid garnet rock in the middle of a sandstone plaza. I had it three nights in a row, each time different, I can still recall each one of there faces

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem