Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 01:01 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

Wow, can't remember the last time I posted on this forum. Its been quite some time.

Anyway, our secondary comp kicked the bucket awhile ago and it wasn't until yesterday that I realized I could still use the monitor and keyboard to hook up our old old comp. Had MS DOS and windows 3.1 or whatever it was. Such nostalgia of the great games of that time. Best of all, Crusaders of the Dark Savant was running on that computer.

But I've encountered a small problem. It turns out Crusaders gave you a maximum amount of characters in the character database. It took me nearly 2 hrs to create my first 2 characters (I only take rolls of 26 and better). After that, I realized that the limit has been met. So would there be anyway to put some of the other characters on a floppy without affecting the game? I'd rather not delete becasue a) Most of our save games (which are far into the game) have those characters and I don't know what will happen if the initial characters dissappeared and b) Such fond memories.

Is there any way to get around this or will I have to resort to the dreaded deletion button?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 03:49 AM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

There's a good Wizardry 7 Forum at
Softwarespecialities
. The people are really knowledgeable and will be able to help you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
Philipp
Old 08-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

SecretMaster, I see you are now Apophis. He was not an Egyptian, despite what Stargate SG-1 implies, but was from an invading tribe that ruled Egypt and the Mid-East for about 100 years in one of the older Kingdoms (XVII?) It's too bad the one you have is "scared" instead of sacred!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
SecretMaster, I see you are now Apophis. He was not an Egyptian, despite what Stargate SG-1 implies, but was from an invading tribe that ruled Egypt and the Mid-East for about 100 years in one of the older Kingdoms (XVII?) It's too bad the one you have is "scared" instead of sacred!
Well if you have an issue you can take it up with Z [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

And yes, for some reason I too thought it was "sacred' and not scared.

And thanks a bunch Pyrates, I was indeed able to solve my problem. But grr, I am still rolling for these characters. Gave up on an elf bishop, nearly impossible. 4 hours of rolling and all i got was a damned 18.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #6
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I remember those rolls with Wiz 7. I always gave up after 30 min or so and started going for a lower level of acceptance, whatever I could tolerate. Bish and Ninja were hardest.

SM - No issues, just pointing out the funniness of it. I once was putting together a pamphlet for a new product and typed we "stongly recommend" a certain action. I used spellcheck and thought I fixed it. The secretary pointed out later that it now said "stingily recommend" instead of strongly. Good thing we caught it before it went out to customers!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:20 AM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziggurat:
I remember those rolls with Wiz 7. I always gave up after 30 min or so and started going for a lower level of acceptance, whatever I could tolerate. Bish and Ninja were hardest.

SM - No issues, just pointing out the funniness of it. I once was putting together a pamphlet for a new product and typed we "stongly recommend" a certain action. I used spellcheck and thought I fixed it. The secretary pointed out later that it now said "stingily recommend" instead of strongly. Good thing we caught it before it went out to customers!
I stopped with Wiz 7 for a bit lol. I still haven't given up on the bishop, though I might as well. Spent an additional 30 min and got even worse rolls than before. Pfft.

And that is quite the story Zig. Made me chuckle. Although it would have been funny if it read "stingily recommend".