Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 11:14 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

A poll that should get an answer from everyone. At least everyone, some people may have just got the game, or just started posting here, so I don't know. Anyway.. I heard about the game through family. I got W&W as a Christmas gift last year, and if it weren't for that, I would probably have never taken the time to look at it. I usually go for the games I see in ads, and I didn't see W&W anywhere. Not in the shop ads, television, AT the shops. After a look at the box, I thought to myself, "Eh, why not? It looks interesting." I had never played a RPG before where you get to play as Pixies, Rats, Elephants, Lizards, or "Bacon". Being an RPG fan and all, I can't just set the game down because the graphics didn't compare to what I was used to. Another thing that stunned me was Activision was part of the companies to develop this game. Mechwarrior and MechCommmander were the games that popped into my head. Ok, that's enough about me, how did you all come to hear about this beloved game?

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Saw it in the store in October...was on the Promotions rack (was able to pick it up for $25). Saw that DW Bradley designed the game, and said "No questions"; bought it and haven't been sorry I did one day since.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:04 AM   #3
Morrak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actaully, thats a funny question... this past 11 months ive been dating a girl, and the past ooooh 10 months or so we have been living together... she and i begon on everquest, moved to diablo 2, went back to everquest, moved to darkstone and then to wizards and warriors... we usually get bored of a game, or decide to move on to another game after a while and so we go game hunting... we hit a lot of different stores looking for one that might be fun and then buy 2 copies of it... also, that is why i am interested in multi player hehe...
Morrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:13 AM   #4
slug
Manshoon

i think i'd heard of it on the vault wiz8 board. i happn'd by it in Best-Buy one day while shopping for a tv. don't know how it got to the tv section...or was i in the car stereo section... or microwaves?
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Saw it in a store - always keep an eye open for a potentially good CRPG. Was very glad to have found it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 06:32 PM   #6
catzenpewters
Manshoon

I'd been searching and searching and searching the web, looking for more first person role-playing games (after playing the last three Might and Magic games). It took me a long time, but I found Wizards and Warriors, so I bought it. I wish they had more first person games, especially ones for those of us who don't have twiddle-fingers and want a game that doesn't require cat-like reflexes.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:13 PM   #7
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

I love RPGS above all other games, 75% of my game collection (over 20) consists of RPGS and i esp love 3D rpgs (which arent made that often anymore ah the days od AD&D games like eye of the beholder sigh) so i actively seek out RPGs like W&W and thats how i found it.
On a side topic has anyone ever played an amiga game called Black Crypt? That was the first 3d rpg i ever played and it is a masterpiece for its time featuring great puzzles over 25 dungeon lvls and graphics and sounds that were way ahead of its time.
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 11:53 PM   #8
Moni

Someone gave it to me as a gift sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I probably never would have known it existed otherwise.
: )
Best gift I have received in years!

: )
Moni
Old 03-14-2001, 08:18 AM   #9
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Actually, I have never seen it in stores, nor heard of it until I came to IronWorks looking for BG2 info. I clicked on the name, and my wife has been lonely ever since...

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:10 AM   #10
kaythen
Dungeon Master

I just saw it in the store one day. I'm a big old school rpg fan and just bought it on faitht that it was good.
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote