Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2002, 10:01 AM   #181
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Konfuzed and Zany:

I Am german
And proud of it
We hare being attacked from the inside
I vote for preservation of my country

I Am german
And proud of it
I trust my rulers
Poland is ours

I am german
But what have I done?
If only...
i had opened my eyes...

There's a fine line between patriotism and Nationalism
Be Careful not to cross
If anyone Really objects
I'll remove this post
It was not meant to prevoke
But as an Eyeopener

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Konfuzed and Zany ]

Sooooo you equate the USA to Nazi Germany... You are so full of shit on this point your eyes have turned brown. Not only did you insult every american citizen you did an injustice to the people of Germany during an era of hardship you personaly never experienced. You have no concept of the economic ruin that the average citizen in Germany endured after world war 1, a punishment they did NOT desreve for that war. It didnt excuse what happened down the road in Nazi Germany but it does go a loong way to explain why thei didnt see what was happening untill it was too late.

Old 01-29-2002, 10:04 AM   #182
Melusine
Dracolisk

Great post, Garnet! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Magik, maybe you should cool down a little. Just like Rikard's post negated all I said in my post on the previous page, so are you doing a good job at negating the image Garnet paints in her post. Or rather, you're showing yourself to fit in nicely with the few people she asserts are NOT standard Americans. Luckily I'm not blind enough to take the rants of one for the beliefs of many, so I STILL think Garnet's post is absolutely true. The exception, in this case, proves the rule

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Old 01-29-2002, 10:10 AM   #183
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Great post, Garnet! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Magik, maybe you should cool down a little. Just like Rikard's post negated all I said in my post on the previous page, so are you doing a good job at negating the image Garnet paints in her post. Or rather, you're showing yourself to fit in nicely with the few people she asserts are NOT standard Americans. Luckily I'm not blind enough to take the rants of one for the beliefs of many, so I STILL think Garnet's post is absolutely true. The exception, in this case, proves the rule

You are right I should cool down, that does not mean what I said was not either right or justified, when Rikard or whatever he is being called these days equates Nazi Germany with any current western civilization shows a total lack of intelligence, and understanding of the real world and what true hardship is.

Old 01-29-2002, 10:14 AM   #184
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

You are right I should cool down, that does not mean what I said was not either right or justified, when Rikard or whatever he is being called these days equates Nazi Germany with any current western civilization shows a total lack of intelligence, and understanding of the real world and what true hardship is.

I agree - have you read my post addressed to him on the subject? I believe I made it very clear I completely disagree with him there as well. Note though, that he did not EQUATE- he warned people for a similar situation to arise in the future. Now he's wrong there as well IMO, BUT it is a different thing to warn for the future or to admonish for the present.

My post to you was in response to your post before that, and more about your tone and attitude than about its content.

Edit: damn spelling

Old 01-29-2002, 10:19 AM   #185
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Ok MagiK, cool your jets, darlin'. I can understand your ire as can most others on this discussion. BUT by publically rising to the bait, you've only played into the game. Now you and I can debate the rights and wrongs of all this and even include Russia as we were just doing in AIM, but on the forum, you need to do so without the rancor which seems to be the aim of a few of these posts.

::slaps with a wet noodle:: No more overt or covert cursing, no flame throwing, changing people's eye color or calling into question their masculinity or femininity! IT IS NEITHER POLITE NOR CALLED FOR!!! (*AND* that goes for *ALL* of you who are guilty of baiting--you know who you are!)

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Old 01-29-2002, 10:47 AM   #186
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
::slaps with a wet noodle:: No more overt or covert cursing, no flame throwing, changing people's eye color or calling into question their masculinity or femininity! IT IS NEITHER POLITE NOR CALLED FOR!!! (*AND* that goes for *ALL* of you who are guilty of baiting--you know who you are!)

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Garnet FalconDance ]

Was not aware that fecal matter was a "Curse" word, its a biological fact. Id like to see a complete list of what exactly qualifies as a "curse". I know the 7 words in George Carlins list [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I will in fact take issue with the current state of masculinity in the "civilized west" ever since the 60's feminism has been spreading, and while I do believe in equal rights for women, I detest and abhor the universal attempt to emasculate men. It has become almost a sacrilidge to be a real man these days. You are not allowed to take a stand, or to make a judgement of right or wrong...the whole effort to be "more accepting" while good in theory is just plain BS (hope BS isnt a curse) when applied to many aspects of the real world. It has been this emasculation of the male that has caused us to be the "soft" targets for the hard and brutal peoples who would wage war agaist freedom loving peoples of the west. Sorry if this sound trite or over stated but darn it (ok you all know I ment damnit so why is it ok to say darn?) Men really need to start having some backbone and realize that femininity in a society is all well and good but it belongs to the women and not the men. Yes yes I know its not PC to point out that there is a real physical and mental difference between men and women, but ignoring it don't make it go away. Yes there are effeminate men and masculine women, I never ment what I was saying to be an absolute, so if you are a effeminate man or a masculine woman, more power to you, just be willing to admit the truth of the real world to you...there are evil people out there who want to kill you, torture you and eradicate you just because they do not like you, and being nice to them or "playing fair" with them won't earn you any bonus points.

PS Just in case you are in doubt [img]smile.gif[/img] Im over my anger at the crack about the USA being equivelent to Nazi Germany The thoughts expressed in this post are rather dispasionate.

Old 01-29-2002, 10:53 AM   #187
Melusine
Dracolisk

Magik, would you please start another topic about this subject? I know there are going to be a lot of people disagreeing with you, and it would take the thread way off-topic. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2002, 11:07 AM   #188
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Magik, would you please start another topic about this subject? I know there are going to be a lot of people disagreeing with you, and it would take the thread way off-topic. Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

Naaa your right, its going off topic and Ill shut up now.

Edit was for a typo.

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-29-2002, 11:32 AM   #189
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Mayhap we are sick unto death of whiney pacifistic idiots who take a media story based on sensationalism and absolutley no facts as the gods honest true fact.....(now Im not pointing fingers but if the shoe fits.....) In the end I hope they just put a bullet into each them and that will be the end of the whole subject....except for the Brittish ones whom I hear Tony Blair now wants back....I say give them to him..he can deal with the trash from his country. As for the USA I truely believe we have taken enough shit from every whiney little pissant around the world, I think its high time we let the lion roar (and quit letting the tail wag the dog) and let anyone who wants to come screw with us take their best shot. I would just have to say that the USA should first warn the "innocent civilians" of countries that do attempt to "take a shot" to be prepared to pay the ultimate price for allowing people in your nation to be the bastards that they want to be. Terrorism and nations who allow or openly support terrorism deserve exactly what they get (which should be total anihilation) If our so called "friends" do not see the issue of terrorism and the need for harsh response this way, then they will have to make a descision...do you stand with us? or against us. There is no middle ground. So far europe has taken the brunt of the terrorist attacks around the world..so it would appear to me that the current methods being employed by all the good nations accross the atlantic aren't doing jack to stop terrorism. The only way to stop it is to cut it off at the source, and right now that source is in the middle east. (Ireland and the IRA are a whole seperate issue)
When did men become afraid to be men and start letting efeminate little wussies tell us to "be nice to them, don't hurt them, they didnt know what they were doing was wrong" Each of the terrorists had the option to walk away at any point in time. They chose to try and destroy us, so now it is our turn to decide to destroy them.

Ok, Ive ranted enough. Note, my first paragraph was not pointed at any single individual, if you felt insulted by it, then obviously you are guilty of being who I did mean.:::RANT MODE OFF:::

ok... since you quoted me, and finished off talking to some ethereal entity, ill just assume it was me magik.

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:
personally, i dont think they are being mistreated (well, at least not any more than the standard imprisonment rules are for any prisoner anywhere). the sensory deprivation and all that seemed only temporary, and some here said they are given meals, medicine, religious comfort, which seems to be true acording to the IRC, a trustable institution.

on the other hand, i disagree on the trying of taliban fighters... what are they going to try them for??? fighting for their country? the alquaidans terrorists, well, maybe they are triable, but the taliban should be set free.

a previous post, in case you didnt follow the thread. as you can see i dont think they are being mistreated.

regarding the rest of your post... well, i found it quite amusing.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:37 AM   #190
Konfuzed and Zany
Manshoon

MagiK
lemme explain
I'm NOT comparing the US with Nazi-Germany
I'm Just saying the Blind Following of people is dangerous
And This attack upon you country had lead to patriotism
I don;t like it but it's not dangerous
What IS dangerous was the increase of attacks vs the muslim communities
If one Idiot comes with great talkin skills
He can start compleet isolation
What I say is Way off-Topic
It's not aboput The US
It's not About the prisoners
It's about Blindly following a leader and finding you country more important than any other
The Germans Were good people
Those who voted for the Nazis were mostly good people too
They meant no harm
they were captured by this guys talkin skills
All I'm Saying is TO BE CAREFUL
this must not happen to a country so strong and powerful as the US
Think about it before...