Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Okay, so . . . I HAD a lockpick set for my thief . . . not sure what happened to it. I think I might have done a battle and had it set as a weapon . . . anyways, I been attempting to 'Persuade' traps on doors and treasure etc. Here is my question:

#7) How long does the poison stuff last (I've been just reloading) and is there anything I can do to cure/slow poison?

Also

#8) Ok, I got past that Mummy dude. I got this amulet thing. What do I do with it?

#9) There was this pot of ashes next to where I killed the mummy. Is there anything specific I should do there?

Finally

#10) I Got back to the pretty Statue lady. She moved foward. But the gate is still down. I figure there is something I need to do to her, but so far I got nothing.

Thanks,

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
W & W in training
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:01 AM   #2
Moni

#7) Level 4 Vine Spell "Cure Poison" or Cure Poison potions that you can buy in the Wizard's Guild.

8) Check the amulet out in your inventory...you have the option there to "read" it. It gives you the two words used to say to the statue of Kerah in order to open the rest of the crypt.

9) Pot of ashes is targetable but useless.

10) See #8 (if she walked out far enough that you can get behind her, she has been known to moon parties of adventurers!)

Moni
Old 04-09-2001, 09:02 AM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

#7 - at this point the best cure is back at the temple in Valeia. Later on your priest can gain the Cure Poison spell. There are also some yellow flasks in the game that will also cure this condition.

#8 - Go to the inventory of the character that has the amulet and then right-click it to read it. This leads to the solution for #10 also.

#9 - Nope - only there for atmosphere.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:04 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If you don't have CURE POISON as a spell - a potion will work - you can buy one in town. (it's a green potion)

Examine the amulet you got from the Mummy - it will tell you what you need to "say" to Kerah's Statue. After saying it, turn around! The gate behind you should have opened giving you access to the rest of the crypt!

The pot of ashes isn't anything.

Good luck!!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:07 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

BK,

Work towards getting that cure poison spell - the Serpent Temple looms ahead of you. Moni has answered the statue and amulet questions (Hi Princess, you beat me, I was distracted in the Book Forum), and there are several things like the urn (ie large Ale Kegs) that show a target cursor, but have no uses (would have the Lord of Alcohol tearing his beard out in frustration).

Cheers Big Ears
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:18 AM   #6
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Oh, and something we all missed - lockpicks are a single use thing in this game - use it and lose it - go get another

Regards
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2001, 09:23 AM   #7
Black Knight

I'm glad I decided to try this game. Not only do I get to go on a new adventure, I get to meet all of the wonderful people over here in W & W land. It's taking me a while to get used to the game controls here, but I think it is a good change of pace for me. Is it bad that I played Saturday night til 5 AM? Oops. Sunday morning came waaaaay to early.

thanks to all of you for you fast responses.

And Davros, not sure what the Serpent Temple is, but thanks for the Tip. Just remember, big ears hear all . . .

BK

------------------

Consort to a Queen
Heart, Mind, and Soul
W & W in training
Old 04-09-2001, 09:25 AM   #8
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Oh, and something we all missed - lockpicks are a single use thing in this game - use it and lose it - go get another

Regards
Davros
Humph. That kinda sucks, but thank for the warning . . . should I save these for a particularly difficult trap, or just stock up on 'em? Is it better to persuade the lock or pick it? I generally let the thief try it at least once, but she doesn't have the best open/set off trap ratio at this point ...

BK

BK

------------------

Consort to a Queen
Heart, Mind, and Soul
W & W in training
Old 04-09-2001, 09:33 AM   #9
Moni

I always carried a few spare lockpicks for "just in case" purposes but tried opening them with my thief first. The only place in the game where you may really need the lockpicks is in Skull Castle, much later in the game...a level 7 lockpicking skill + a level 5 lockpick to open a door in the Lich's study, unless you opt to bash that one heh heh heh.

Moni
Old 04-09-2001, 10:05 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BK - very glad that you are enjoying the game AND this board!!! (we do have some wonderful folks here!!)

And we didn't do too badly for mass posting replies to your question this morning either!! hehehe

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote