Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2002, 05:11 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Yippee-ay-deyay, a complete uninstall and reinstall solved the giltch. As for game cheating, I am not that kind of guy. [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess some of the files must have been corrupted during the previous installation.

I did goof up on one thing though... I forgot to backup my custom import files!

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

I spent hours rolling statistics for ideal default template for all my favourite classes, so that whenever I start a new game, I can just quickly import the level one characters I want and start pronto.

Do you have ANY IDEA how hardddd it is to roll a good Bard or a Fighter/Druid?!?! *sob*
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 05:48 AM   #12
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Yippee-ay-deyay, a complete uninstall and reinstall solved the giltch. As for game cheating, I am not that kind of guy. [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess some of the files must have been corrupted during the previous installation.

I did goof up on one thing though... I forgot to backup my custom import files!

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

I spent hours rolling statistics for ideal default template for all my favourite classes, so that whenever I start a new game, I can just quickly import the level one characters I want and start pronto.

Do you have ANY IDEA how hardddd it is to roll a good Bard or a Fighter/Druid?!?! *sob*
I think this is one place we can say Dalekeeper usage would be justified. Knowing you youve probably memorised their stats as well, so youll just be recreating something youve already got rather than getting an unfair advantage.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:08 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... I think I will try downloading TotL. Does anybody know a place that hosts it besides Gamespy's Fileplanet? Repeatedly getting kicked out of queue does not do much to endear me to them.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:27 AM   #14
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

You should be able to download TOL here Enjoy the dungeon crawl!
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 11:34 AM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Downloading now. ~insert swear word of choice~ Gamespy.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:03 AM   #16
NobleNick
Quintesson

Dundee,

Heh, heh, heh, no back-up disk, eh? Well just use Dalekeeper. I's not like you are cheating (unless, of course, you squeeze in that extra ability point). Think of it as crash recovery software... or after the fact disk back-up.

I am the kind of guy who will spend 30-60 minutes power rolling to get good stats, instead of using DK to get what I dream of: it's more fun. I just rolled a 95-point character (natural roll, honest!!) and then blew my highest roll ever by making a fighter to dual over to bard, because I didn't know you can't dual-class a bard! So I just re-rolled the Bard and used Dalekeeper to adjust stats to give me back my 95-point roll.
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 05:54 AM   #17
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... well I have downloaded TotL and I guess I will consider DaleKeeper after I complete the game with my current party.