Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Am I a Liberal?
Yes. 1 7.69%
No. 3 23.08%
You're balanced. 4 30.77%
I dunno. 2 15.38%
You scare the hell out of me, Whack! 3 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2004, 04:28 PM   #1
Son of Osiris

I keep thinking I'm a liberal, but I could be really conservative. You be the judge.

Here's the hottest political issues and my position on each of them:

Cencorship: I am against it. The american founding fathers and the past Canadian prime minsters are probably spinning in their graves.

Death Penalty: I am FOR it. Some people don't deserve a second chance. If you release a killer, he'll kill again. Release a child molester, he'll molest another child. Release someone who abuses a kitten, he'll do it again.

Gun Control: I am confused on this issue.

Gay Marraige issue: Ugh, don't talk to me about gay marraige. It's a confusing one.

War on Terror: Like any right-minded human being, I am FOR the war on terror. Those terrorists need a kick in the ass!

Iraq: I was, and still am, FOR the war in Iraq. Everyone who supports Saddam is either an idiot, one of his henchmen, or both! If you ask me, the dead line should be extended so the Insurgents can get a REAL thrashing.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:36 PM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It all depends on how things are in your country, politically speaking. If you support the status quo and want things to remain the way they are, you're conservative (but this also counts if you want things to change BACK to the way they were in the past).
If you lobby for progressive change, advocating new political policies (usually to do with increased 'civil rights'), you're liberal.

You'd be surprised how many liberals are conservative and vice versa [img]smile.gif[/img]
So, how do you compare to those around you?
Old 05-18-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

your a conservative. Klein would be proud, and so am I!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:46 PM   #4
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Hmmm.. I'm not sure what you are, but I'd say conservative. One thing I do know is that you scare the hell out of me, Whack! I see you in my dreams! I hear your voice in my head, tormenting me every living second! ARRGGHH! *ahem* Yes... conservative...
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:34 AM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Why yes, I'm a liberal. That was easy, give me another one.

::reads the post more carefully:: Oh...
Well, by the tone of your post, I'd say conservative.
To be fair, I never supported the war in Iraq... But that doesn't mean I supported Saddam, does it? This "With us or against us" rhetoric in this issue is most commonly seen in conservatives.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

May lean slightly just a smidge to the left of right. So The Whackmiester is defiantly conservative.

Me if I leaned any more left I would fall over. Just kidding. Me I am a little bit to the right of left mostly liberal and more for change.

[ 05-20-2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:37 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. However, I try to overlay ideals with pragmatism. High ideals are often better in theory than in practice.

Cencorship: Against it. But you don't have a right to be heard -- only to speak. And, you don't have the right to annoy the frik outta everyone with it, either -- so I am for limits on the time, place, and manner of speech.

Death Penalty: For it in theory, but not in practice. It's not about the punishment, it's about setting prices for the actions we take and making us pay up when the till is due.

Gun Control: I live in the most tightly-gun-controlled city in the country, and it makes me want to take a quad-50 to the house/office of whoever passed the damned law. I can't even protect my family from home invaders.

Gay Marraige issue: Gays deserve all the rights of any other couple -- except the right to name their union "marriage." The issue of mere nomenclature is to be decided by the people of the state.

War on Terror: I'm for hunting down all terrorists wherever they may be and either bringing them to justice or helping them get to their hundred virgins.

Iraq: I wish we had waited for greater international support and not relied so heavily on the WMD issue before going in. Now that we're there, that's a moot point. Now we are obliged.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:00 PM   #8
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

While I think there should more be political stances disscussed for me to determine you exactly what , I'm pretty sure you're conservative and this is from someone who is Liberal. I consider you conservative mainly beccause you support the death penalty and by being so, you're partly not agreeing with your own country as Canada doesn't use capital punishment. The best way to handle killers and molseters is to keep them in jail forever.

Furthermore, what you said about the War in Irag is idiotic. I totally hated Saddam, but I'm now against the war because I don't believe that the huge cost of life was worth going to war.

[ 05-20-2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]
Old 05-20-2004, 07:46 PM   #9
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Gab:
Furthermore, what you said about the War in Irag is idiotic. I totally hated Saddam, but I'm now against the war because I don't believe that the huge cost of life was worth going to war.
And having shifty morals is any less idiotic? The war was either justified and moral or it wasn't. Just because lives are lost doesn't change the validity of the war or the justification for it.

But yup, you're conservative all the way Whackmeister.

PS That one liberal vote is from me because I clicked the wrong button without looking [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But you definitely scare the hell out of me

[ 05-20-2004, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 09:38 PM   #10
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
And having shifty morals is any less idiotic? The war was either justified and moral or it wasn't. Just because lives are lost doesn't change the validity of the war or the justification for it.
You didn't get my point. What Whackmiester stated is that if you don't support the war, you like Saddam and wanted him to stay in power. That's what I'm refering to as idiotic. I hated Saddam but am against the war.

[ 05-20-2004, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Gab ]