Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 04:18 PM   #181
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
What are cheetos
I am oh so happy you asked that Silvery Feline of all that is Temptuous! Cheetos are a snack food we have in the states. They are orange in color and crunchy. They are what is good and right in this world of ours. The joy found in a single bag can power a 32 year old male for quite some time. They are a source of motivation for housecleaning. Each and every cheeto is a work of art. They have a very pleasant crunching sound that reverberates in this overused mouth of mine. There are times when I choose to savor each one by storing them in my cheeks. They will melt in the mouth when there is a sufficient amount and density of saliva.

Think back to the very first time you had ice cream. Remember the suprise that you felt when the pleasant taste hit your tongue? Now consider that there is something that tastes even better but does not give you a headache if you eat too much. Eating too many cheetos can lead to having a paunch. I know this from personal experience. Eating too few cheetos can lead to irational behavior such as pawing at the fridge.

There are different size bags of cheetos. The small ones just tempt you while the larger ones are barely sufficient for the orgiastic experience that one can experience. Sadly, there are no bags you can step into and habitate inside of.
So, when you sit down with your tea and scones, try not to be jealous of those of us who have cheetos. I would gladly send you some, but they never seem to survive very long in my house. Go figure.

Both Queens and New Jersey are in the states. Very good!! I am as close to Queens as you are close to Ireland I believe.

At a guess, I'd say you like Cheetos, Hiram. Have you thought of going to work for the manufacturer? I think the marketing department would welcome you with open arms.....

I think they may be akin to Pringles, which are round, and salty and crunchy and lovely. We always have them when we play Risk - which is a brilliant *board* game of world domination that you may play in America also. Do you know it? It is very addictive, and completely changes people's personalities when they play it. Shy and gentle people become ravening lions.......
Oh dear....... I seem to have screwed up on the geography again (I got unclassified for geography at school, but then it was all about oxbow lakes and igneous rocks, not interesting places at all.... ). Like, Queens is not far from Manhatten island on one side, and I thought New Jersey was on the other side of the island.... Got that wrong then......

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 04:20 PM   #182
DiabloRex
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Oh dear....... I seem to have screwed up on the geography again (I got unclassified for geography at school, but then it was all about oxbow lakes and igneous rocks, not interesting places at all.... ). Like, Queens is not far from Manhatten island on one side, and I thought New Jersey was on the other side of the island.... Got that wrong then......

hehe join the club of uninformed europeans about american geography and places
Old 10-25-2001, 04:23 PM   #183
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

That sounds correct Cheetah.

Jersey -> Hudson river -> Mahattan -> smaller river -> Long Island (Queens/Brooklyn).

The Bronx is North, Staten Island south of Manhatten.

In any other nation New York and New Jersey and even Nassau and a little bit of Conneticut would all be considered the greater metropolitan area of the one huge city.

New Jersey is in many ways, worlds away however. The river, historically a central focus point around which cities have grown, was used to divide two states and thus two cities. Very wierd.

------------------
Old 10-25-2001, 04:25 PM   #184
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Quote:
You betcha pointy black boots they are!!

AH, but are they cheesy flavored and full of toothsome goodness?
Do they melt in the mouth? Are they, in point of fact, simply scrummy?
Enquiring minds want to know...

Um, not cheesy flavoured I don't think, oh smooth tongued one. Hold on a sec, I'll have a wash and check......

3 seconds later......

Nope, not cheesy flavoured *at all*- hard to describe really..... I'll keep working on it, and let you know....... (Cheetah reaches the parts that two legged creatures cannot reach )

Certainly melt in the mouth, though........ Just how much trouble has that enquiring mind of yours landed you in, Oh Questing Jesting One?

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 04:27 PM   #185
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey Hiram, it's not just a snack over there, they are in the UK too, I'm just surprised that SC hasn't heard of them.
If only she knew.......

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-25-2001, 04:28 PM   #186
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:

hehe New Jersey would never be considered an "interesting place" We are usually verbally castigated by the inhabitants of New York for not being New Yorkers. We Americans tend to be geographically ignorant of Europe. I only know a little because of my passion for World War II.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-25-2001, 04:28 PM   #187
DiabloRex
Elminster

Quote:
Um, not cheesy flavoured I don't think, oh smooth tongued one. Hold on a sec, I'll have a wash and check......

3 seconds later......

Nope, not cheesy flavoured *at all*- hard to describe really..... I'll keep working on it, and let you know....... (Cheetah reaches the parts that two legged creatures cannot reach )

Certainly melt in the mouth, though........ Just how much trouble has that enquiring mind of yours landed you in, Oh Questing Jesting One?

*ponders with his way of thinking if this is still suited for IW* LOL

[This message has been edited by DiabloRex (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 04:29 PM   #188
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
That sounds correct Cheetah.

Jersey -> Hudson river -> Mahattan -> smaller river -> Long Island (Queens/Brooklyn).

The Bronx is North, Staten Island south of Manhatten.

In any other nation New York and New Jersey and even Nassau and a little bit of Conneticut would all be considered the greater metropolitan area of the one huge city.

New Jersey is in many ways, worlds away however. The river, historically a central focus point around which cities have grown, was used to divide two states and thus two cities. Very wierd.

Thanks Yorick, I thought I couldn't have remembered *that* poorly! After all, I was in New York just a couple of years ago....... So he is either refering to a different New Jersey? or teasing me!! Which is it, Hiram!!

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 04:31 PM   #189
Absynthe

Quote:

3 seconds later......

So much that I'm not sure even I clearly remember all of it... Right now I'm trying VERY HARD not to comment on the parts that two-leggers cannot reach, which effort is not being helped by naughty pictures of bendable cheetahs in my head... It's not my fault, really, I'm actually pure as the driven slush.

------------------

Perversion is the true spice of life: Variety is just part of a healthy diet.

Old 10-25-2001, 04:32 PM   #190
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Absynthe, your sig pic is dead!