Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 10:23 AM   #131
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
Yeesh. that sounds painful kaz. i can't really suggest anything. i've got natuarally strong teeth so i've never had anything done to my teeth.

You lucky b***ard! Never had ANYTHING done to them? Not even a little hole that needed repair? How lucky is it allowed to be?
Old 10-25-2001, 10:25 AM   #132
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

*hits self on head* I just checkd http://dict.leo.org - best English-German translation site there is - rhubarb = Rhabarber. Why didn't I think of that? It's obvious! Don't think we have any though...
Tomorrow/the day after I'm allowed to drink milk again. Don't know if it's a good idea though, as the wound isn't healing that well.

I have promised to myself - when I'm okay again, I am going to my favorite pizzeria and order a giant pizza something to look forward too

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 10:27 AM   #133
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
*hits self on head* I just checkd http://dict.leo.org - best English-German translation site there is - rhubarb = Rhabarber. Why didn't I think of that? It's obvious! Don't think we have any though...
Tomorrow/the day after I'm allowed to drink milk again. Don't know if it's a good idea though, as the wound isn't healing that well.

I have promised to myself - when I'm okay again, I am going to my favorite pizzeria and order a giant pizza something to look forward too

Order one for me too Kaz, and get on AIM, I need to chat with someone.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:34 AM   #134
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
You lucky b***ard! Never had ANYTHING done to them? Not even a little hole that needed repair? How lucky is it allowed to be?
Don't worry Neb, he'll likely have a mouth full of cavities appear suddenly when he's 40! Then you'll have your revenge!

Seriously, though, I never had anything more than two cleanings before I turned 30. Now, I've had one tiny cavity filled in my back molar, one small decalcification (resulting in a chipped area that developed a small cavity) taken care of on a front tooth and my wisdoms removed. All four at once! I was traumatized by the 20 shots he had to put in my mouth, but all of it only took twenty minutes. I almost laughed at one point because he had this intense look on his face and the way he was pushing on me and pulling on my tooth, I thought he was going to crawl right up on my chest! LOL! ( did I just LAUGH at that???)

That same day, I cooked Thanksgiving dinner. The next day, I ATE Thanksgiving dinner. I just made it into small pieces and ate only the tenderest things and kept it to the front and middle of my mouth. Then, I made sure to rinse my mouth well so that no particles remained to cause troubles. But then, I have a high threshold for pain. And I'm stubborn.

Kaz, I wouldn't worry too much about what you eat as long as you are careful about it and rinse your mouth out well with warm, salty water immediately after you eat. Keep things as smooth as possible and/or very small bites/pieces. I'd steer away from meats, but Absynthe's idea of peanut butter would be a great alternative. Even, imo, yogurt and milk should be fine as long as you rinse your mouth afterwards so no bacteria can build up. Rinse well and often irregardless of what you eat or drink.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-25-2001, 10:52 AM   #135
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
I wanna be Shere Khan, evil ■■■■■ cat type being, not the nasty slinky snakie.... !!

Oh, but nasty slinky snakie was the best character in the whole cartoon!

------------------

Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Here be Dragons.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:59 AM   #136
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Pointed stick? Oh Oh Oh! Getting all high and mighty with pointed sticks, eh!

Use a......Banana, a much more formidable weapon, I'd say!

Mark
Think I might be suffering from 'pointy stick' envy...... :Cheetah eyes the pointy stick in a longingly acquisitive sort of way:

Anyhow, bananas break up when you try using them as a corrective, Markovitch.

'Fraid they just don't cut it in either the serious weapon OR the fun toy stakes!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 11:08 AM   #137
Neb

Before you learn to defend yourselves against pointed sticks, you must learn how to defend yourself against a man armed with fresh fruit! We'll start with bananas, this is how you defend yourself against a man armed with a banana, first, you force him to drop the banana, thereby disarming him, then, you eat the banana, you have now rendered him helpless.

Old 10-25-2001, 11:12 AM   #138
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:

Silver kitty ordered me in here to give tea and sympathy to our suffering Kaz. Big

((((HUGS))))

poor Kaz!
Whatever you do - don't do ALL the things you have been advised, lol!
If you are still bleeding, you should maybe go back to the dentist, or a least phone him for advice. When did you have it taken out? You should stop bleeding in less than 24 hours, if I remember right. Are you at all anaemic? That can cause you to bleed longer than you should.

The other thing - keep your tongue away from the socket!!

((((More hugs))))

------------------

Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Here be Dragons.

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 11:16 AM   #139
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Before you learn to defend yourselves against pointed sticks, you must learn how to defend yourself against a man armed with fresh fruit! We'll start with bananas, this is how you defend yourself against a man armed with a banana, first, you force him to drop the banana, thereby disarming him, then, you eat the banana, you have now rendered him helpless.

I love it when men give me good advice on how to render a man helpless....

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 11:16 AM   #140
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Silver kitty ordered me in here to give tea and sympathy to our suffering Kaz. Big

((((HUGS))))

poor Kaz!
Whatever you do - don't do ALL the things you have been advised, lol!
If you are still bleeding, you should maybe go back to the dentist, or a least phone him for advice. When did you have it taken out? You should stop bleeding in less than 24 hours, if I remember right. Are you at all anaemic? That can cause you to belled longer than you should.

The other thing - keep your tongue away from the socket!!

((((More hugs))))

Thank you *feeling very nice and warm from all the hugs* Mom tells me if I don't feel better tomorrow I should go to the dentist and see if it's gotten infected (forgot the English word) or so...
Yesterday evening (had it taken out Tuesday morning), after very very carefully brushing my teeth, only on the side where I hadn't pulled out the tooth, I rinsed and spat out... red. I'd say that counts as still bleeding, or? But today it seems to be gone...
And since I'm hardly eating anything, the "rinse after meals" isn't exactly essential...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-25-2001).]