Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 09:41 AM   #121
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
Ah, HAH! Lavender and melaleuca oil. I've got the tea tree oil, but no lavender. Looks like it's off to the herbalist for me. And you know I'll hold you to that offer...

Morning, magey-wagey how's your day so far? Nearly Friday, YAY!

Hugs to you both, and to poor Kazara. Had my wisdom teeth out when I was 30, much too late. Broke my jaw getting one of them out - not my idea of a good time...
If I may suggest, Kaz, try a banana and chocolate ice cream smoothie. If you like the flavor, it'll fill you up and get rid of that hollow feeling.

Silver Kitty not know Melaleuca oil? Wat do dat be?

My tooth horror story - I had my wisdom tooth out years ago, took two people, one hanging round the waist of the other to pull it out, - 24 hours later I was in casulty screaming in pain - they didn't give me antibiotics when they should have, (I don't like antib's, but I'll take em if I *really* have to) and my mouth went GREEN. (A well meaning friend offered me coke, and some brandy. Refused the former, went for the latter, made it a lot worse..... Jeeze. The hospital said I had neanderthal teeth... roots hooked round the jawbone, apparently. Maybe you and Kaz have same problem?!!

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 09:43 AM   #122
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Thank you *feeling nice and warm from all the hugs* tooth hurts still... several people told me I wasn't allowed to use a straw, and I'm wondering what nourishing liquid things there are... apple juice??? Hm...
Blimey. Carrot, apple and ginger freshly squeezed would be good. Full of vitamins and minerals, and antiseptic to boot. Not very filling, though. Why can't you use a straw? As long as you don't go poking it in the hole you should be fine, no? Or is it that you can't control where the liquid goes?

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate (if Somewhat Flea-bitten Right Now..)

Feisty Kitten Mascot and Succourer of the Waifs and Strays Hugging and Smooching Club
Old 10-25-2001, 09:49 AM   #123
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

My wisdom tooth went out *relatively* well (had to hack it into 5 pieces) problem being that the painkiller was wearing off... do I need to say OW?

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Blimey. Carrot, apple and ginger freshly squeezed would be good. Full of vitamins and minerals, and antiseptic to boot. Not very filling, though. Why can't you use a straw? As long as you don't go poking it in the hole you should be fine, no? Or is it that you can't control where the liquid goes?

I suppose that it's because of the pressure you exert on your mouth to pull the liquid in (does that make sense?) which might re-open the wound... not that it's stopped bleeding, as far as I can tell

I'll see if we have any carrots, apples and ginger (what is that in German? Does anyone know? Maybe Ingwer... no that was nutmeg... or? ) and try it out... I'm rather desperate right now...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 09:55 AM   #124
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
My wisdom tooth went out *relatively* well (had to hack it into 5 pieces) problem being that the painkiller was wearing off... do I need to say OW?

I suppose that it's because of the pressure you exert on your mouth to pull the liquid in (does that make sense?) which might re-open the wound... not that it's stopped bleeding, as far as I can tell

I'll see if we have any carrots, apples and ginger (what is that in German? Does anyone know? Maybe Ingwer... no that was nutmeg... or? ) and try it out... I'm rather desperate right now...

If you drink milk, you could have plain live yoghurt. If you don't, soya yoghurt might be good...... Ginger in German..... yup, it's Ingwer all right......... Send your mom out. And take painkillers if you are in bad pain, lady!!!! Unless you are allergic to them!! I always use alternative medicine if I can, but sometimes allopathic is what is needed.......

PS. I wouldn't call having to have the tooth come out in five pieces 'relatively well'. You are obviously a Stoic, Kaz!! Respect!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 10:10 AM   #125
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
If you drink milk, you could have plain live yoghurt. If you don't, soya yoghurt might be good...... Ginger in German..... yup, it's Ingwer all right......... Send your mom out. And take painkillers if you are in bad pain, lady!!!! Unless you are allergic to them!! I always use alternative medicine if I can, but sometimes allopathic is what is needed.......

PS. I wouldn't call having to have the tooth come out in five pieces 'relatively well'. You are obviously a Stoic, Kaz!! Respect!!!
My brother also had problems... I'm not really a Stoic (who me?) but I see that most of you have had it a lot worse...

Problem: I am not allowed to drink milk or eat dairy problems. Otherwise I'd ask Mom to buy me a giant pack of yoghurt or drink a lot of milk (milk is nutritious) but I can just sit here and hope that THIS TIME, mom makes something for dinner which I can eat in less than an hour

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-25-2001, 10:11 AM   #126
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
My brother also had problems... I'm not really a Stoic (who me?) but I see that most of you have had it a lot worse...

Problem: I am not allowed to drink milk or eat dairy problems. Otherwise I'd ask Mom to buy me a giant pack of yoghurt or drink a lot of milk (milk is nutritious) but I can just sit here and hope that THIS TIME, mom makes something for dinner which I can eat in less than an hour

Don't hope - go tell the woman what you need!! And if she won't play ball, poke her in the bum with a pointy stick...

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 10:17 AM   #127
skywalker
Banned User

Pointed stick? Oh Oh Oh! Getting all high and mighty with pointed sticks, eh!

Use a......Banana, a much more formidable weapon, I'd say!

Mark
Old 10-25-2001, 10:19 AM   #128
Absynthe

Melaleuca Alternifolia: The Australian Tea Tree, so named for the healing tea brewed from it's bark. Later, a way was found to extract an essential oil from the tree, which is usually called Tea Tree Oil.

Sounds like we have similar dentition, o silver one. Roots all curved about the bone, vine-like. Not only go a broken jaw out of the deal, but a lovely hole into my sinus cavities too.

Kaz, the next best thing for an empty tum is peanut butter. Just let it dissolve in your mouth, no chewing or sucking necessary. Fruits will give you the blood sugar you need quickly, but nuts, breads, or meat will give you the full feeling that you're lacking. The caution against using a straw is that the suction can pop the clot out of the hole where your tooth was. This inhibits healing, allows foreign matter into the wound, and could result in dry socket, a condition which is quite painful. Normal drinking and swallowing shouldn't cause you any problems, however. And by all means, take some painkillers if you can! No reason to snob allopathic meds, they are often the most effective when you've suffered a trauma.
Hope this helps, m'lady.

Old 10-25-2001, 10:21 AM   #129
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hey Kaz! Hope you're feeling better! A rhubarb is a red stalk with a large green leaf on top, you only eat the stalk, it's sour, QUITE sour, not as sour as a lemon, but still quite sour, you can mix it with straw- or raspberries to lessen the sourness, not many rhubarbs at this time of year though, I'm currently planning to make a rhubarb smoothie when I get some rhubarbs, possibly mixing in a few strawberries.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:22 AM   #130
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Yeesh. that sounds painful kaz. i can't really suggest anything. i've got natuarally strong teeth so i've never had anything done to my teeth.

------------------