Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 11:49 AM   #111
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Topside, more, more more, Yorick!

BK
Old 05-17-2001, 12:19 PM   #112
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I can't believe how pretty Ireland is. It is everything I expected and yet nothing I'd have expected at once. The greenness, the trees, lush green trees, and then a kilometre away, barren, rocky, windswept hills with rock walls abound. I've been hugging the south coast of Munster, as far southwest as you can be in Ireland.

The accent is pretty cute here. Really thick and almost comically endearing to my Aussie ears. The older folk are simply delightful characters. I even gave one older lady a hitchhike into Killarney today would you believe. They must have zero crime for such trust to exist.

I've seen stunning beaches - there is a surfing community here, another similarity with Australian culture. I've seen views over cliffs of islands with distant stormclouds over the Atlantic. Today I also saw an ancient hill fort built around 2000 or more years ago. It was built in similar fashion to the rock walls on farms, that is - only rocks, with just the right sized one filling each particular gap. Amazing.

This morning I ate home-smoked salmon from the B&B I stayed at. It had one awards for the last 2 years apparently. Certainly tasted wonderful.

Wow, I'm listening to a new Irish girl-group called Bellefire or something, in the Internet cafe. Sounds like a Corrs-meets-Boyzone that should rake in the bickies for Irish music. Pure melodic pop.

Actually I'm itching to be writing myself. I've written some lyrics while I've been here, but I'm missing the studio and access to A GUITAR!

Oh well.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-17-2001, 01:31 PM   #113
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Actually I'm itching to be writing myself. I've written some lyrics while I've been here, but I'm missing the studio and access to A GUITAR!

Oh well.

Buy one !

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-17-2001, 07:36 PM   #114
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Just to let you know that I'm reading along and enjoying the tales of your travels Yorick. Thanks for sharing!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.
Old 05-18-2001, 08:58 AM   #115
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Just to let you know that I'm reading along and enjoying the tales of your travels Yorick. Thanks for sharing!
Aww thanks Bilqis. I thought I'd scared you off. Thanks for the msg.

Moiraine, I've been checking that out. The prob is, a cheap gtr sounds crap. I'd be too worried an expensive one would get damaged/stolen. I did take two gtrs to Singapore, so when I get back I'll be able to make some noise. Also the Saxophonist I write with is going to be there around the same time I will! YAY!

Hey I took some photos. I'll try and work out a way to put them on Stealthy's site.

Where is Stealthy BTW? Haven't seen him lately....

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 09:16 AM   #116
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Aww thanks Bilqis. I thought I'd scared you off. Thanks for the msg.

Moiraine, I've been checking that out. The prob is, a cheap gtr sounds crap. I'd be too worried an expensive one would get damaged/stolen. I did take two gtrs to Singapore, so when I get back I'll be able to make some noise. Also the Saxophonist I write with is going to be there around the same time I will! YAY!

Hey I took some photos. I'll try and work out a way to put them on Stealthy's site.

Where is Stealthy BTW? Haven't seen him lately....
Yorick, I was thinking the same about Stealthy, I will certainly send him a mail this week-end.

As for the guitar, in as friendly a country as Ireland, can you not borrow one to a local, for a while ?

Send me the photos if you want, I'll put them on Stealthy's.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-18-2001, 09:44 AM   #117
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Yorick, I was thinking the same about Stealthy, I will certainly send him a mail this week-end.

As for the guitar, in as friendly a country as Ireland, can you not borrow one to a local, for a while ?

Send me the photos if you want, I'll put them on Stealthy's.

Alright. Could you send me an email with your mailing address and Stealthys email? I can't find it and I want to see if he still wants to hook up.

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 09:49 AM   #118
Moiraine
Anubis

Yorick, I just sent you a mail at your HotMail address.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-18-2001, 10:02 AM   #119
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Thanks!

------------------

Old 05-18-2001, 02:18 PM   #120
Moiraine
Anubis

Yorick, I replied to your mail, with my postal address. Send, send !

------------------

The world is my oyster !