Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2002, 01:40 AM   #1
fung
Dungeon Master

I think maces such as diamonds eye is really good for fighters as a off-hand weapon bcoz of its huge dmg. The only drawback is that the fighter will have to train himself in mace skill...and he will likely use a sword on his primary hand.

My samurai faces a delema tho...enchanted Wazika (sp?) or a mace with better dmg. I think I will go for the Wazi, coz then I can concentrate on the sword skill. In the later stages, raw dmg for the samurai don't really matter anyways as I build critical hit. Anyone agree with me?
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 01:45 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Sams can't use DE, plus it's easier if you dual to use the same weapon in each hand - also he'd get the 25% samurai sword bonus with each sword. You really want more strikes and chances for crits with him so I agree.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:39 AM   #3
fung
Dungeon Master

thanx...i didn't know that Sams can't use DEs

But would DEs be good for a fighter along with a good sword? Altho...he has to specilise in two weapon skills?
fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 08:02 AM   #4
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

simple solution to low weapon skill when u find diamond eyes.

find some weak monsters, give your fighter 2 maces, put all others on defend and let him whack away. best if u pick high HP monsters that dont do much damage.

repeat till your mace/flail skill gets to 75 or so.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:23 AM   #5
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Depends, if you train as was suggested then it's not too bad. I think in the early going it's alot easier to hit things if you focus on one weapon skill and don't dual (you'll especially notice this at expert level). So if you start with something like a sword and shield and aventually train mace that would work, and you can train as early as Arnika as Antone sells the other offhand mace item, the plain hammer.

It's not as bad if you dual the same weapon; dualing daggers isn't a bad idea for a rogue for instance, or dualing maces for a ninja or even a lord.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:26 AM   #6
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

PS - you can also heal monsters when you fight them to give them practically unlimited HP, you'll also need to heal your own "trainee" and cast stamina on him and the monster.

I did this in one game where at about level 11 I decided I wanted to drop my fighter and pick up a Samurai; his skills were way behind so I took him down into the Monsatety and had him go against a bunch of the tougher slimes to get to where the rest of the party was. Also had him train as a Ninja (took one level of that) so he was building some stealth alond with sword/dual/close/crit.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
Oruboris

Or, once his skill in sword is well past 75, you can switch him to a fighter and use 2 mace/flail weapons including diamond eyes.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #8
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

I had good results with the Mauler / Diamond Eyes combo.
The Mauler hass good KO or paralyze chances, and 15% mace and flail bonus that alwasy gave me either an extra attack or swing with the Eyes.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 03:07 AM   #9
otter
Elminster

Heh! even more fun than healing mobs: Give them Guardian Angels!
Yes, i LOVE my Mauler! I'm in the Monastery now with my latest Trio: Ranger/Bard-to-Fighter/Lord, and the Lord has a Mace from a chest and a Hammer from a Slime...(The other 2 are Mooks, you can guess what they're waiting for)
otter is offline   Reply With Quote