Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 10:31 PM   #1
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Argh, my recent source of irritation! I've been searching long and hard for the rest of the Quest/Fabled Lands series but to no avail. Originally a 12 rp book series, only 6 were published in the UK due to poor income on the books :insert heart-renting sob here: They were published under the name of Fabled Lands. Some of the 6 (only 2, in fact) were converted to the Quest series, and those were imported to the US.

Those 2 books (Quest: Cities of Gold and Glory; Quest: The War-Torn Kingdom) I own, but I'm trying desperately to get the other 4 books in the Fabled Lands series, or even all 6 in the original Fabled Lands format, but I can't find them anywhere. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img]

All I have to say is, I feel the urge of beating their publisher about the ears [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] (I mean that in the nicest way, of course ) and if I were a publisher, I would publish the whole *pardon language* damn series and actually import the whole thing to the US. One of the problems with the US.. can't get anything decent imported without getting trashed. anime and manga usually ripped apart so its "ethical" or whatnot, dont import the whole series.. *sigh* please ignore my rant, just need to get it out [img]smile.gif[/img]

The point of this thread though is if anyone knows how I can obtain (preferably in mint-ish condition and not too expensive for a student ) the books:
Fabled Lands: The War-Torn Kingdom
Fabled Lands: Cities of Gold and Glory
Fabled Lands: Over the Blood-Dark Sea
Fabled Lands: The Plains of Howling Darkness
Fabled Lands: The Court of Hidden Faces
Fabled Lands: Lords of the Rising Sun

If anyone wants to know more about this series, look
here
http://homepages.tesco.net/~parsonsp...led_lands.html
or here
http://www.fightingfantasy.com/ffoth...Fabled%20Lands (and scroll down to where they talk about it [img]smile.gif[/img] )

This thread is also for those who want to rant about importing difficulties they have come across. But not those who want to point out what problems they haven't had, cuz that'll just make us feel bad

And if anyone knows how to find those books, THAAAAANNKKKKK YOOOOUUUU SOOOOO MUUUUUUCCCCCHHH *tears of joy* [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]

[ 07-10-2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote