Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 08:13 AM   #1
Rolp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've converted four characters to "Ranger" for various reasons .. the 1st because I had converted to "Monk" too soon with the Priest so he gainded a bout 15 levels as a Ranger and later converted a "Wiz/War/Nin" to a Ranger for about 10 levels and then to Paladin just to have a 2nd cahr along with the Zen Master who had all books of magic but none of the char was ever offered "fletchery", they all do have the "Hawks Brow" is there a trick to getting it? This will be part of the stuff I will try on the replay as the group is now stumbling around Cet's Tomb. TIA
Rolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:20 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

You need to reach a certain guild level (never did it myself). Ranger learns vine magic, so it will be either Warrior Guild or Priest guild. Becuase it is a martial skill, I suspect it will be warrior guild level 5, so something like the letter to the stouts should do it. I'm sure someone in the know will be in to correct me shortly, or you can do a search using fetchery as a key word.

Cheers
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 08:36 AM   #3
Rolp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aha! That may explain it I'll have to check... was a liitle too quick to convert char. .... at one point I could'nt figure out why none of my char could bless .. and then Level 4 in Priest guild ... TADA! Thanks ... as I said .. these are for the replay... want to avoid those long hours of trying to gather gold from corpses.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:43 AM   #4
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

Fletchery is really great for raising funds. Get the best arrow you can lay your hands on, bless it for Damage if you can, and start making copies of it. Watch those purses fill up!
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 03:26 PM   #5
rjsmith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just watch out when selling "blessed" arrows. When you add 12 levels of blessing, the arrows are worth ~2 million gold each. You can sell only 6 or 7 in a single bunch before you hit a gold where they become worth NEGATIVE gold. Try this at the Armory in Isad N'Ha, I tried to sell 11 Dragon Arrows that were blessed with 12 HIT blessings -- the guild offered me -15 million gold! Note, you can buy back the Dragon Arrow from Torin -- you don't have to steal from him. I've posted this hint over at Best Tips, but thought you'd be interested.
rjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 07:08 PM   #6
Rolp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi guys.. well checked back.. sure enough the Rangers I am referring to ony have Level three in the Warrior Guild.. they came from other proffs.. warlock, priest, rogue but not warrior class.. can not advance guild levels, no more quests and the group is being entertained by Cet's friends in his pyramid.
Have a nice.

[This message has been edited by Rolp (edited 06-20-2001).]
Old 06-21-2001, 04:43 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Not true that there are no more quests for Warrior guild Rolp. Maybe there are no quests in Brimloch, but If you were to travel back to Valeia they would ask you to check out the toads, and at Ishad they would ask you to carry a letter to the Stouts etc. You should still be able to advance beyond guild level 3.

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote