Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2003, 02:06 AM   #1
Mezu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Windspear Hills & ToB Watcher's Keep Level 2 Spoilers
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

I have encountered 2 monsters that just whoop me, no matter what i try.. i'm wondering if i am just missing the obvious (which i tend to do sometimes hehe)
first one is firkraag (spelling) couldn't even touch him, though i attributed this mostly to the level of my chars at the time.. most were approx level 11 or 12. The second is the shapeshifter you set free on the second level in the watchers keep, i have tried waiting until he's an ice elemental, but i can't do enough damage to counteract his regeneration rate.. or at least that is what i am assuming the problem is. Any help/tips/suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Mezu

DSlaytern] Spoiler tags added.

[ 05-30-2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:19 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

For the first monster, it will help if you list out who is in your party.

For the second issue, here's a hint. Read the notes in the rooms. There are four notes in total that deal with this level.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:55 AM   #3
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

I strongly recommend to level up before entering WK.
If you have cleric or druid they have spell called Harm what leaves anyone to 1 hp.

[ 05-30-2003, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: Merlin from Amber ]
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:45 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Search the forum! There are plenty of Firkraag strategies around.
Also check out the Dragon Slaying Tips (Link is in the FAQ).
With the right tactics he can be beaten even at lvl 12 (assuming you have a good party combination)

[ 05-30-2003, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 05-30-2003, 10:20 PM   #5
Mezu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Isn't the cleric spell that leaves you to 1 hp called slay living? I also caroused the boards a bit looking for FK strats, but i didn't see anything on the SoA board. My current party is a tester party, i'm trying some folks i never have before. Cernd, Aerie, Mazzy, Valygar, Minsc and my PC thief (which i intend to DC to cleric) Ohh yes, that reminds me, is level 12 the optimal level to DC as thief?

Thanks in advance for any help, and for that already given,

Mezu
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 03:26 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Mezu:
Isn't the cleric spell that leaves you to 1 hp called slay living?
No, it is Harm. Slay Living creates a weapon that kills on impact unless save is made.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote