Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2002, 10:09 AM   #1
Stradlin
Welcomed New User

I have Heart of winter and trials of rulemaster installed.
my version number(as shown in the options screen) is 1.42

I can access the area of temple of forgotten god(=outskirts of the temple, fleeing verbeek, the entrance to the temple, etc)without any trouble but when i try to enter in the temple itself the game crashes. The game autosaves normally and starts loading the new area. When it has loaded 30% or so, it locks up and throws me to windows. No errormessages. The program just stops responding.
Does anyone else suffer from this nasty bug?
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!
!
Is it possible to uninstall everything except savegames, then re-install IWD and just"import" the old savegames to the new game?
Stradlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To answer your last question first, yes. Backup your saved games to another folder just to make sure and then uninstall / defrag / reinstall. If you can afford the space do a FULL INSTALL. Then reload the saved games.

There are a myriad of things that could be causing the problem. Dirty cd, failing cd device, corrupted area files ..... Reinstalling should solve most of the problems, but clean the cd too.

You have the most recent version so patching isn't likely an issue. T

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
Stradlin
Welcomed New User

The uninstall / defrag / reinstall process helped. Thanks a lot!

Now, let's hunt some Verbeek.
Stradlin is offline   Reply With Quote