Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 01:35 AM   #1
Morrisky
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know if anyone has ever encountered this before, but I snatched the key from it's holder in the castle kitchen, but after much adventuring and returning to finish the castle, I notice the key is missing. Are there any alternatives to opening the doors? Perhaps a nymph stole it? Help Help Help-I don't wanna search every square inch of where I've been in the game!
Morrisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:50 AM   #2
the_young_one
Manshoon

Are you referring to the rune key which opens up the north door at the entrance leading to Haleabus? If so, I ran into the same problem, although I think it was my own fault (I was playing solo, thought I had no more use of the key and so I dropped it and I was never able to find it.. although it might have been a nymph too..)

There is a workaround instead of resetting the game or reverting adventure. You need to create a portal somewhere safe such as the entrance pool. Then go up to the the door at the north and cast vanish. You will vanish to the other side, just in front of the two doors. Then take care of Haleabus (I assume you have completed the ritual with the masque of death). After the fight, you'll find that the door will not open.. Luckily, you can cast teleport back to your safe portal and leave. If your characters do not have these moon spells, you can always go to Boogre caves, Stout Mines or Dragonspire to gain levels and come back later..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 08:03 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Morrisky!!!

Using Vanish may very well work so do give that a try. I'll be sending you email on other alternatives!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote