Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 11:28 AM   #11
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Really? That`s not to good. Well I don`t have that. It just cracks as hell. Thanks all!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:52 AM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Yeah, my neck cracks all the time. Course, one time, after sleeping on this fouton thing, I woke up and cracked it, and couldnt move it afterwards. Stayed that way for 2 weeks, after physical therapy. (Not sure if it was the actually cracking that did it, or the fouton.)
Old 07-04-2004, 12:02 PM   #13
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Yeah, my neck cracks all the time. Course, one time, after sleeping on this fouton thing, I woke up and cracked it, and couldnt move it afterwards. Stayed that way for 2 weeks, after physical therapy. (Not sure if it was the actually cracking that did it, or the fouton.)
I've done that sleeping the wrong way, couldn't move my neck for anything. Lord, that was an uncomfortable week.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I once slept with my head on the corner of a wall. I looked like I had a mental illness the entire next day, with my head pressed on my chest, facing left.
I have the same thing that Xen has, my neck sometimes just goes *kvrc* but sometimes the whole building can hear me cracking it.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:35 PM   #15
Ehrys
Manshoon

Not sure what the cause of your condition is, but you should becareful with *cracking* anything joint-wise. There are a lot of nerve bundles and blood-vessels entertwined within your cervical vertebrae (heck all of your vertebrae), and your cervical vertebrae is the only thing separating your brain stem from the rest of your spinal column. It's quite easy to injure yourself (or someone else as taught in martial arts) through certain pressures to the neck/ cervical vertebrae.

Also, we can increase the chances of arthritis in our joints from the conditions and *cracking* your joints makes them worse apparently (sinovial cavity vs fluid stored, etc.)

Check your posture and sleeping positions and bed (mattress, pillow, etc.) to make sure it's supportive enough, then check with your doctor to make sure it's nothing more than just a *crick* in the neck.

Never hurts to get an educated opinion from your medical professional.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:55 PM   #16
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Your neck will be fine Xen, a good way to stop it from being stiff is to get a wheat bag and heat it up and put it on your neck...or if you don't have a wheat bag...get a peice of material of some sort and put it in the microwave for 1 minute...or however long it takes for it to get hot/warm.
The heat loosens the muscles in your neck, which gives you a feeling of relaxation and causes you neck to cease the cracking.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #17
Aerich
Lord Ao

I concur, it's nothing to worry about; or if it is, I've got more to worry about than you. *All* my ligaments crack.

It's probably not a great idea to crack it on purpose, though. Like Ehrys, I've also heard that cracking your joints has a correlation with arthritis.

(Note: too bad I don't take my own advice [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 07-05-2004, 12:59 AM   #18
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I hope I'm not the only one to immediately crack their own neck after reading Xen's first post...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-05-2004, 04:16 AM   #19
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
I once slept with my head on the corner of a wall. I looked like I had a mental illness the entire next day, with my head pressed on my chest, facing left.
I have the same thing that Xen has, my neck sometimes just goes *kvrc* but sometimes the whole building can hear me cracking it.
Yeah. For example I onced "kvrced" my neck in school, during the class and the teacher looked at me with wide opened mouth.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #20
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I can not crack my neck on purpose :/ I try but it never works..my brother once tried to do it for me, thatis the last time he came near me with his hands I am suprised he did not break my neck as hard as he jerked it