Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2002, 10:18 PM   #21
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Mr. Harris, I get the first five letters, but what does the rest of ROTFLSHISMCT!!!!! mean LOL?

Saz - Oh yes, maybe it is only certain generations, but I was also taught the same STANCE tactics LOL as a young child, and because I was so young, it just seems to ingrain itself in your life. I'm totally horrified if I touch that seat for even a second LOL!

Johnny - Yes it would be easier, then I could just find the nearest tree outback and not even worry about public bathrooms LOL

Kaltia - Your Gran, my Gran, they were very strict and confident in their bacteria knowledge weren't they LOL?

Attalus - You definitely have been gettin with the program I see LOL! Good for you! You know the Hell that it is being a woman, wish there were more of you out there, patient ones, unquestioning ones, calmly awaiting our bathroom departure.. Oh and thanks on the sig compliment, I like KungFuGal too, always have the first time I saw her a few years ago, she's pretty cool with all her moves, plus when backing out of threads, she likes to freeze flash it seems!

CloudSis - Me too, short legs! Dontcha just hate when the only toi open left is the one for cripples, you know, that really really High toilet? Now THAT is quite the challenge for us shorties!

Gabrielles - eh? What thread was that LOL?

Lioness - I do not know, I guess that is an adventure you must endeavor for yourself and relay the information later!

Lifetime - Do not underestimate the spillover from women's bathrooms. Don't ask me how or why, as I do not know, but it is THERE trust me!

Moni - I hope that "lice" one is more of a myth than reality, as I reckon you'd not have to sit on the seat to get them, just being exposed in the general "jumping" area. Otherwise I guess maybe I need to arm myself with a can of Raid whilst going into Stall battle!

Bruce - ROTFL!!! That was hilarious!

Hesperex - Geez where have you been?? Haven't seen you for ages! Perhaps I should make more toilet threads to draw you out LOL! j/k! Nice to see you're still about! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hierophant - Are you sure you are using human stalls and not racehorse stalls? Maybe try Bruce the Aussie's tactic before seeing that shrink LOL?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-08-2002, 11:10 PM   #22
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

LadyZ, that's a great piece of writing! Very funny, and your reply... [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for me, I usually do the wipe thing and think "she'll be right, removed most of the gunk I reckon" - which is probably akin to blowing on food that's been dropped on the floor to remove the dirt...whetever gets you through!

Hey, people don't squat to take a dump do they...?

[ 09-08-2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 09-09-2002, 12:36 AM   #23
Hesperex

(bows low) nice to see you too ladyzekke, although I fear I have seen you far more than you have seen me, I can usually be found lingering in the shadows around the NWN forum, but I do make occasional adventures into the GD forum now and again ..I could hardly resist your toilet thread though lol

Old 09-09-2002, 04:59 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Of course I would never suggest anyone should do this but do you realise that the use of clingfilm on a toilet can bring a woman out of 'the stance' in 0.23 seconds?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-09-2002, 07:24 AM   #25
Epona
Zartan

LZ - 'The Stance' is a well ingrained phenomenon here in the UK too. God only knows what mishaps may befall you if you accidentally come into contact with the seat. Of course the reason for 'splashback' in women's toilets is because of all the short-legged people trying to assume 'The Stance' cos their mum/gran told them to [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Donut - you are a cruel and devious man. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2002, 08:08 AM   #26
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I once had a fairly frigtening situation at a urinal where an old man (who had been there for the last half hour) decided he'd make conversatoin with all of the strangers who went in and out... >_> "yeap that song was before your time... I just love how they're bringin' back all these classics"

"um... yeah..."
Old 09-09-2002, 08:21 AM   #27
Vampire

we have it sooooo much harder
Old 09-09-2002, 08:55 AM   #28
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, thanks, LadyZ and Cloudy. If I could bestow upon my sons one piece of wisdom to my sons as the secret of a happy marriage, it would be the utility of the phrase, "yes, dear." If, however, I could bestow two, it would be: "Let her say what she wants as long as you can continue to do what you want." BTW, LadyZ and Moni, crab lice (Phthirus pubis)cannot hop, they can barely crawl. I guess that you could theoretically get them from a public toilet seat, but the usual method of transmisssion is the intermingling of pubic hair. I leave the rest to your scandalized imagination. BTW, I always smile when think of the old graffito, seen once and never forgotten, "No need to wipe toilet seat, the crabs in this place can jump 20 feet."
Old 09-09-2002, 02:55 PM   #29
Moni

I didn't think they could jump (always thought that "the crabs here can jump 20 ft was a joke), but I was under the impression that people who were completely infested could leave them anywhere, toilet seats, bus seats, taxis, you name it, they just had to be there and be infected with lice, crab or otherwise.

I avoid public restrooms where ever possible. I know its not always possible but I'll look elsewhere or even drive down the road to find a clean restroom if I can't wait until I get home and where-ever I am has a bathroom that leaves something to be desired when it comes ot being clean. I don't eat in restaurants with nasty bathrooms, period. If they can't keep their restrooms clean, you don't want to see the kitchen!

Old 09-09-2002, 06:24 PM   #30
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I didn't think they could jump (always thought that "the crabs here can jump 20 ft was a joke), but I was under the impression that people who were completely infested could leave them anywhere, toilet seats, bus seats, taxis, you name it, they just had to be there and be infected with lice, crab or otherwise.

I avoid public restrooms where ever possible. I know its not always possible but I'll look elsewhere or even drive down the road to find a clean restroom if I can't wait until I get home and where-ever I am has a bathroom that leaves something to be desired when it comes ot being clean. I don't eat in restaurants with nasty bathrooms, period. If they can't keep their restrooms clean, you don't want to see the kitchen!
Oh, yes, Moni, it is completely possible, especially if one of the nits (eggs) is what is picked up. The louse itself cannot survive at low temperaures (i.e., much below 98.6) for more than an hour or so. Hans Zinsser, who wrote the wonderful book, Rats, Lice, and History, was a parasitologist and when he got a specimen that he wanted to keep alive, he put them into a flat metal box, which he then would place in his shoe.