Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 06:54 PM   #41
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
nut kicking is over-rated to be honest. Take i tfrom one who traineed in pain tolerance. All it does now is piss me off LOL!!!

And there are a lot of other guys that would have that effect on too
Err do you whack yourself in the nuts to get used to it? Just wondering......
Old 08-25-2002, 07:57 PM   #42
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
One last thought, should we become a race that is afraid of a little physical violence? Or should we strive to be strong in all ways? Should we all be meak and timid and unaccustomed to physical side of our animal nature
According to all the liberals and school teachers in the U.S. , meak and timid is exactly how we should be.Personaly I think you should ride and control the beast of rage and not let it rule you.If you are calm inside and furious outside you can not be defeated.

As far as hitting people for no reason , well thats just stupid. You realy shouldnt go around punching strangers. If some one does something then that is a different story.Then it is a LEARNING EXPIERIENCE. Like last Friday when some useless drunk decided that grabbing my wifes bottom would be "funny". After the spear hand to the side of the adams apple dropped him to his knees with more than a little breathing trouble his friends wanted free lessons as well.After our lessons were over and the whole mess was sorted out 4 drunks LEARNED (hopefully) that grabbing strange womens bottoms wasnt funny and just might get them killed next time it happened.

As for hitting women and children it just depends on the circumstances. If a woman smacks you in the face you probably shouldnt break her nose just because it is wrong to pick on people smaller than you. The same goes for children. Now it the same woman tries to ice pick you , well then a beat down delivered in a promp and proffesional manner should follow. Same goes for kids. Like that kid who killed his mother because she wouldnt let him date some girl.Maybe if his mom had beat him silly a few times he would have realized that killing mom wasnt an option.
Old 08-25-2002, 07:58 PM   #43
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
MagiK, perhaps it does require a different approach for every child. You cannot force all children into the same disciplinary mold. We'll just agree to disagree, yes? [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Exactamundo! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2002, 08:01 PM   #44
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
quote:
If someone kicked you in the nuts, you wouldn't be kicking anything the first couple of hours. You would only come up with a lot of "ooooooohs" and "aaaaaaahs". The thought alone of that gives me the shivers.
Have you been hit in the nuts Johnny? haha i sounds like you have been before. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

And i have anwer this on PM Mel! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I played football for 14 years and i occasionally got hit where it hurts, either by a foot or a ball, and i remember that feeling too well, almost makes you sick.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:51 AM   #45
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Violence does solve alot of problems, but only when it has the promise of creating something greater attached. A bit like demolishing an old, run-down ghetto slum to erect a palace.
There is nothing wrong with fighting if you are fighting for constructive ends (defense of friends, of family, punishment of transgression etc.). Now, naturally there are alot of shady, grey-areas in the philosophical sense of what 'constructive ends' may or may not be. But then I guess everyone has their own individual sense of what is right and wrong, what makes these individual opinions LAW is that enough people are willing to fight and use violence to uphold them.
Old 08-26-2002, 08:10 AM   #46
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
nut kicking is over-rated to be honest. Take i tfrom one who traineed in pain tolerance. All it does now is piss me off LOL!!!

Err do you whack yourself in the nuts to get used to it? Just wondering...... [/QUOTE]no - someone esle whacked me in the nuts until I was used to it

I don't recommend such training - you do get used to it but, until then, ,it hurts [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2002, 08:23 AM   #47
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well yes I have hit people.
I donīt like fights, but I have been in them because sometimes you simply canīt get away, or you have to take a stand for something you believe in.
Going after a guy that tried well do the naughty thing to a woman that didnīt is probably the only time I have initiated a fight.
Otherwise paying for a beer to someone, or runnng very quickly is a small price to pay to not end up in fights, you are never 100% prepaired regardless of how much you have trained, you can usually minimize some of the damage factors, but in a highthreat situation, you do what you got to do, start thinking and you might be waking up in the hispital...

I donīt believe in hitting children regardless, and I have already told my opinion about it in other threads.

I donīt believe in hitting women either, but Iīm not gonna swear a bloodoath on it since I know that there are women out there that could easily end my life if they wanted to, so if faced with that, I would do as I always do when faced with violence, fight to win with all I got.

Now adays however, I am pretty far from fights, being half paranoid helps to avoid situations that can lead to trouble.

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 08-26-2002, 08:28 AM   #48
MagiK

Quote:
no - someone esle whacked me in the nuts until I was used to it

I don't recommend such training - you do get used to it but, until then, ,it hurts [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I would think that it could limit your reproductive options as well.

Old 08-26-2002, 08:29 AM   #49
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:

Err do you whack yourself in the nuts to get used to it? Just wondering...... [/QUOTE]no - someone esle whacked me in the nuts until I was used to it

[/QUOTE]Hmm, well the nut training sounds like a way to get rid of small babysquids dude---

Personally we trained with a cup *ka-klonk* and then to not be hit in the first place..

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 08-26-2002, 08:49 AM   #50
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
no - someone esle whacked me in the nuts until I was used to it

I would think that it could limit your reproductive options as well. [/QUOTE]fortunately not

and yes, training not to be hit is alwasys better. A sympol Dan-Sak will hurt incoming kicks for instance (hand comes down like a blade and cracks the leg). Thai gievs you the Shin parry too (most efficacious)