Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2001, 07:26 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

As Davros has now returned home I thought people might be interested in hearing about his visit. He was flying from Australia to Jamaica on a business trip and had a one day stop over in London. He had expressed an interest in Arsenal Football Club and I was able to get a ticket from one of my mates for him. I would point out that there is a 7 year waiting list for season tickets and every match for the past six years has been a sell out - so tickets are not easy to come by.

He arrived in London at some ungodly hour (6 am) and we met outside the ground. Arsenal were playing Leeds United and there are two Australians (Kewell & Viduka) on the Leeds team. Everything was going well until Kewell started to misbehave and a voice from the back of the stand boomed out 'Piss off Skippy'. I thought Davros took this in good spririt. However in the second half Viduka decided it was time to throw the toys out of the pram. The whole of one end of the ground took up the cry of 'You're just a fat aussie bastard!'. At this stage I had to hold Davros back.

Anyway we won 2-1 and we repaired to the pub for our annual end of season piss-up. Now, I'm not sure if Davros had experienced cider before but he managed to drop his pint over one of my friend's coat! I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to tiredness. I do remember that the cider has some effect on Yorick when I met him it looks as if the Australian reputation of being able to hold their drink is just another stereotype.

Davros - it was great to meet you, everyone was impressed with your knowledge of the game and in particular about Arsenal. By the way the police in Cardiff are looking for a gang of about 15 men who committed daylight robbery on the following saturday. Seems they managed to steal a valuable piece of silverware from under the noses of 70,000 people.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-25-2001, 10:24 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!

Trolldung you are a classic mate.

------------------
Old 05-25-2001, 12:05 PM   #3
Simon
The Magister

Geezer that is a top signature!
By far the greatest team the world has ever seeeeeeen, oh their Arsenalllllllllll, Arsenal FC!!!.....
Old 05-25-2001, 12:12 PM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
Geezer that is a top signature!
By far the greatest team the world has ever seeeeeeen, oh their Arsenalllllllllll, Arsenal FC!!!.....
Thanks Simon, I'm pleased you like the sig - it's good to see another Gooner on the board (that's three now). Whereabouts in London are you from?

------------------

Old 05-25-2001, 12:16 PM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
ROFL!!

Trolldung you are a classic mate.

Memnoch - I appreciate that you are a 'beefed up moderator' now but why are you calling me Trolldung?

------------------

Old 05-25-2001, 12:29 PM   #6
Simon
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Thanks Simon, I'm pleased you like the sig - it's good to see another Gooner on the board (that's three now). Whereabouts in London are you from?

I am originally from Kilburn, but now hail from Camden geezer!

------------------
Grrrrrrrrr!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 06:02 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yo Donut,

Great to catch up with you again - had a wonderful time in London. Hey, come on, you didn't mention it was my 4th or 5th pint that showered poor old Mark's coat (has he forgiven me yet??). I forget what it was I was trying to say at the time, but it certainly had to be emphasised by a quick, elaborate, and expansive hand gesture. Somewhere at about that point, I lost track of the whereabouts of my (pretty full) pint. And hey, I didn't need holding back when the Aussies were getting taunted (although the replays I saw later suggested that Viduka got a pretty good elbow in the face - I never picked that up at the game - did you?).

Jamaica TV advertised they would show the cup, but instead they gave us another in the long line of South African thrashings of their cricket side. I went to the beach knowing it was "One - Nil to the Arsenal club", but some Liverpool supporters ruined my day by tracking me down to tell me that they had pinched the silverware (GRRRRRR!!!).

Still, it was great to meet one of the faces behind the signatures. We have a pretty cool community here on the forum.

Cheers

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros
Old 05-26-2001, 08:50 AM   #8
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

That's so cool. So now Donut has met two Aussies from the board!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-26-2001, 08:57 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And I'll be in Scotland in a couple of months Yorick - how long will you be there for???

More cider

------------------

Nordom, cousin to Davros
Old 05-26-2001, 08:59 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
And I'll be in Scotland in a couple of months Yorick - how long will you be there for???

More cider

Only a week or so. I'm hoping to pass AMSTERDAM on my way back to Singapore though.... (Rikard, Mel )

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!