Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 09:08 AM   #1
dafan

Is there anyone else who thinks that the game contains all to many good weapons or am I alone??? I got about 3-4 really good items to choose between fore my tanks and the same for my mages and clerics I would like to have about twenty npc:s and pc:s so that I can use all the good weapons

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-10-2001, 09:11 AM   #2
Lord Shield

Everyone likes a choice. If someone has a lot of tanks they want a choice of lots of weapons. Hopefully they will be more stringent in NWN though. I like to WORK for my treasure

Old 04-10-2001, 09:11 AM   #3
sylent
Emerald Dragon

perhaps...
but I think it gives you a lot more manueverability, or diversity.
It allows you to change around characters, and make them best suited for different situations.
They are also of different weapon classes, so I guess that makes things a little less cluttered.
Note Extreme Abundance of Long swords compared with Bastard Swords

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-10-2001, 09:13 AM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

There are a lot of good weapons, very true. You must remember that there are loads of races and classes available and it's only right that weapons should be available for all. Also, if you consider the size of the actual "world" involved and the many types of manafacturers then the amount and types of weapons isn't really excessive imo.

It's a nice "problem" to have, not knowing which weapon to use

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:14 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

some people are never happy are they
If you think there are too many (I say it's better than too few don't you agree?) then just pick a few that you like and leave the others where you found them. Besides, don't you think it fun to try them all out and swap them around for a bit? Personally I think it's nonsense that there are too many good weapons in the game; when I have a low-level party, +2 weapons are the best there are, but as soon as I can get my hands on anything better, I simply sell all the superfluous/weak weapons that I still carry around.
Well, just giving you my two cents here, everybody's entitled to his/her own opinion of course

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-10-2001, 09:14 AM   #6
dafan

kinda I got for my cavalier the holyavenger then I got three more really good weapons that I want to use cause they look like having really cool abilities but I always uses the holy avenger cause it's the better one..I think

------------------

I'm a protector of good

a seeker of truth

a symbol of light
Old 04-10-2001, 09:19 AM   #7
sylent
Emerald Dragon

yeah, having 2 two-handed swordsman isn't much of an option either.
once you get carsomyr, there are not many other 2-handed swords that you will want to use, unless of course you don't have a Paladin (who do you think you are?).
It's like Melusine said though, the weapons get progressively better, and you need the not so good ones at the start. There are not that many high-class weapons to choose from. There is pretty much (generalisation) only one really good weapon for each weapon class.

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 04-10-2001, 10:35 AM   #8
BG2SOA

Yes there isn't much choice of 2 handed swords.Only Carsomyr and Holy Avanger for whoever has a paladin.It would be great if they had a bigger choice of 2 handed swords in the next game.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-10-2001, 12:16 PM   #9
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

I found that if you wanted to use 2-handed swords, long swords (especially these), slings and long bows it was great - there were loads of these. By the end of one game I had Minsc carrying about 7 different swords and 5 other powerful weapons, because I found that each was too good not to use at some point,(dual wielding crom frayr and the flail of ages/mace of disruption worked a bit too well against golems).

But if you decided, like me, to try out things like bastard swords or clubs, it was a lot more difficult to get one decent weapon let alone 5 or 6. It also meant you might have problems with some battles like Kangaxx, (My archer couldn't hit Kangaxx even though he had a THAC0 of about -12, because none of the arrows wre +4).

In the end it just meant I had to choose my party and proficiency slots more carefully, which is a bit of shame, still a great game though.
Old 04-10-2001, 01:37 PM   #10
Amber Shadow Mage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I must be looking in different places, there is so many I keep tripping over the dam things. I just wish PC/NPC with >19 strength could use two. They even sell +4 weapons in the shops.

------------------
Don't forget to wear a helmet.