Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

For me that is Finally after two years I get to take off of work and actually Go Somewhere! Going to the Outer Banks, North Carolina (Corolla to be exact). Nice beach, never overly crowded. Even have a pool at the rental house (play The Jefferson's "movin on up" song here in your head). [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, I really love the beach, the ocean. It has a way of really "taking you away" from it all. It is a world of its own and you can so easily forget your day to day life. It makes you live in the present. No thoughts of work that needs to be done back home, nothing, only thoughts of what you are doing right now, you are in this bubble and nothing exists outside of it for now. I don't live near a beach, it takes 6 hours to drive to one, so it is a rare thing to go to one for me. I live in a city with buildings squished together everywhere you look, paved parking lots and highways and roads. When I drive to work everyday I smell exhaust from cars. When I drive along the roads near the Outer Banks, all I smell is the ocean and sand, and I love it. How is it that water with crashing waves can just make you feel so free and human?

Well if you haven't guessed, I'm looking forward to it. My sister-in-law will be there, which means fun and much drinking will be involved! Wonder if this time she will start yelling out that sound, that drunken Zeena The Warrior Princes war cry out of nowhere for no apparent reason LOL? Stay tuned!

So I'll be gone for a week, be back first week of September. Not that anyone would probably even notice I was gone LOL. But I'm bored and wanting to talk (leaving out tomorrow morning for the 6 hour drived in an unairconditioned truck stuffed with luggage!)

Yall take care! Pray I don't get eaten by a shark!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Have a nice vacation Ladyzekke and dont get eaten by sharks, no fun dying that way.
LoL just j/k have fun, i'll be going on a vacation soon, i'll probably go camping up north!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Have fun LadyZ!! Sounds like a great place to go vacationing at,I my self never liked to beach to much, too but hey, if you enjoy it go for it. Cya in September!
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-23-2002, 08:29 PM   #4
Ladyzekke

Thanks Whacky, hope you have a good trip to the North (where exactly north may I ask?) [img]smile.gif[/img]

IRON Ranger You don't like the beach?? Are you crazzae??? j/k, hey everyone has their preferences. So what do you like then? Mountains? Forests? Sidewalks LOL?

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-23-2002, 10:30 PM   #5
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

LOL, well I have only been to a few places out of my area (wich happens to be boring ol' plains *sigh*).

I would like to vist mountains sometime. I like forests too, nothing like a nice camping trip in the woods. See wildlife, by a nice big lake where you can go fishing. Went to a place exacely like that last spring, boy was it nice.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 08-23-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Sounds great Lady Z, you have a good time overthere.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:55 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

Ah cool Iron Ranger, you are a Woodsman then! Quite fitting for a Ranger

Johnny - Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't do anything I wouldn't do while I'm gone! Of course you have no idea what I would do or what I would not do, so probably really confused at this point. Which basically equals out to run rampant. Just don't hurt yourself Johnny and hold my fort down while I'm gone. It's that pink teepee over yonder with strange smelling smoke emanating from it.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 08-24-2002, 12:40 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
LOL Sure Lady Z, I'll guard it with my pink tomahawk.
Old 08-24-2002, 12:50 AM   #9
Moni

I am sorry IW didn't want to work when I hit the reply button to this post while you were here LadyZ. I am all bummed that I didn't get to wish you lots of fun before you came back lol.
Outer Banks was the first beach my dad ever took us too and has always been one of my favs...quiet and beautiful! I hope you had a great time!

Rex and I were just discussing the fact that not only did I barely get to experience the light of day this sumer (lol) but that other than him going to school and the two of us going up north one day, we didn't go anywhere past the boundaries of town (which means the grocery store, the bank & the post office) lol. We were talking about making a weekend run down to Padre Island in the morning but it ain't gonna happen lol...if anything, we'll go into San Antonio and shop and eat at one of our favorite restaurants before we call the summer a total loss.

Old 08-24-2002, 02:15 AM   #10
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Have a nice vacation Ladyzekke and dont drink to mutch LOL! I hope you enjoy the truck ride in a unairconditioned truck in the heat drink some beers on the tour!