Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ahhhh Bungleau that reminds me of this Gem......

It was the night of a realy bad rainstorm heavy rain strong winds lightnig, etc. We loose power, in total about 26 hours.

Now my house was built on an underground stream so I have a sump pump going 24/7. and it runs on electricity.

This happened once before and the basement flooded. So I go out and buy a generator, so i would have no more flooding.

So here we are sitting in darkness for 26 hours, no power, but thanks to my fore thinking the generator is cranking away anf POOF the power comes on. The EX unplugs the generator and toosses the power cord to the pump into the basement..... Guess what happens

If you guessed that the basement flooded, because the pump was not plugged back in you WIN. What do you win????? A flooded basement and a lot of belongings destroyed.

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:04 AM   #22
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ooohhh... that stinketh, Angel

The net result of yesterday's plumbing activity was that some time ago, I put a nail in the wall... right into a return plumbing pipe. It's been leaking ever since, and finding this spot required cutting holes in the wall.

Fortunately, it's in the mudroom, which we're planning to redesign. And when we do, that wall will be gone.

However, now that the hole in the pipe is patched I've got three holes in the wall to patch and paint over... temporarily, of course.

Could have been worse, though... could have been John the Wonder Plumber.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:06 AM   #23
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yikes, I hate when that happens. I've been through that before.
My Blast goes out to the electric company who has evidently been estimating my bill. My electric bill doubled this month from last, and I haven't been running my ac, so I don't know what the deal is if it's not that. Of course, the customer rep I spoke with on the phone tried to tell me my fridge is the culprit, even though it's right behind me.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:18 AM   #24
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
When your tank's track is lost in the middle of Gaza strip and you have to wait for the rescue team to save your butt, in the middle of a storm.

Blast Blast Blast!
Tiddly Winks!

You've taken 6 RPG 7's up the grill doors, both fuel cells are ruptered, the transmission is stuck in low, the engine is running in over protective mode, both final drives are sheared, both sprockets are gone, all three machine guns have melted into a molten pile of metal, you used your last thermite grenade on your wingmans tank, who is currently in your loaders hatch, you have 22 rounds of Depleted Uranium, and 18 rounds of Composition A3 Type II High Explosive on board, your 2 tank has the plow, 'and' your LT is a fruit cake!
[/QUOTE]Good Lord! When did that happen?

Thankfully our tank is mostly immune to missiles like fagot/sager. My friends tank in northern border with lebanon took 19 direct hits, one between the turret and the base. None of these missiles penetrated the crew quarters. The tank was disabled naturally, but the crew was unharmed.

My crew did have to suffer the indignity of a molotov's coctail being hurled at us , though. We had the fire extingueshed in five minutes by the infantry, but we had never nailed the ****** that threw it at us from some roof.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote