Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 02:45 PM   #1
Nonsico
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey everyone ive been trying to make matching +5 scimitars for my drow since ive beat the game a few times i got bord and decided to cheat. I exported Twinkle drizzts defender and just motified the to hit, damage, name and what alingment can use it (now only evil) but every time i load up the game with the weapons imorted on my guy as soon as the loading bar goes to full the screen goes black and i have to restart my computer any ideas, the name is only 7 letters long on each so i dont think thats the problem
Old 04-02-2001, 03:15 PM   #2
Jigster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry Mate, could be that there are errors thaat you have entered, try making the item from scratch. where did you get the editor from? plz tell me
Old 04-02-2001, 03:31 PM   #3
white heron
Manshoon

Sounds like some fairly simple changes?
I always use the console method to import items because i seem to have less crashes that way.
Old 04-02-2001, 03:32 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try using another sword as the base of modification, and import via console command. Make sure the item is in the "override folder".

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 04:03 PM   #5
Nonsico
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ya its in the override file ill try another sword and get back to you i got the editer from www.teambg.com my second favorate bg web site from back in the day but it seems they changed the format from how it used to be and its not as good as it used to be now kinda confusing actualy but anyhow its under a link on the left hand side that says programs for devolpers its called item studio you may need some other programs to go along with it, i hope it works better for you than it did for me
Old 04-02-2001, 04:05 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Do you have the visual basics components? I would assume you do since you can run IEEP.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 05:17 PM   #7
Hesperex

Try baseing your Scimitar on the Scimitar +3 'Waters Edge' I know there are no problems with that, but I have never tried basing a weapon on Drizzt's blades so I couldn't rightly say weather there are or arn't, although I can see no reason why there would be problems.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-02-2001, 05:18 PM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
Try baseing your Scimitar on the Scimitar +3 'Waters Edge' I know there are no problems with that, but I have never tried basing a weapon on Drizzt's blades so I couldn't rightly say weather there are or arn't, although I can see no reason why there would be problems.
I wonder what trigger his "friend" to show up in later chapter if you have his item? And will his "friend" show up if your character is holding a modified version of Drizzt's items?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-02-2001, 05:25 PM   #9
Hesperex

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
I wonder what trigger his "friend" to show up in later chapter if you have his item? And will his "friend" show up if your character is holding a modified version of Drizzt's items?

I think it's atatched to the name of the scimitar in some way, probably a script when you reach a specific place in the game and it triggers of the name of the item. I have found that Drizzt's mithril chainmail seems to be unchangable as I have tried many times to base items on it and even if I so much as change the descriptions just slightly it crashes the game. Thats why I'm fer thinkin that his scimitars could cause the same problem.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-02-2001, 05:26 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

FEEEEEEEEEEEL DA PAIN!!!!