Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2001, 05:18 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick:

I got home today to a wonderful surprise. The cd's that you allowed Moiraine to make for me were in my mailbox! I rushed in, fed the cats, tore open the box/envelope and have the early one (from the cd that Moiraine managed to buy) on my player as I type. Am only as far as Shadow Rising and could not wait another minute to start this post.

God has given you some awesome gifts, dear Bard, and I thank you so very much for sharing them with me.

I know absolutely nothing technical about music. Can't read or play a note and my 4th grade teacher will vouch for that! But I do know what I like and your work is high on that list.

Ariel and Shadow Rising are so far my favorites, but I'm only five songs into the first cd! That voice.....wow...well I'm sitting here enjoying the whole experience. I could write Thank You a few hundred more times, but I guess you get the idea!

Can you add any background info to the songs - how you came to write them (or with whom), do any have special meaning to you etc etc?

I hope your are safe and well on your journeys. Expect we'll hear from you when you get to Moiraine's. And give her a big hug for me, Yorick. She has helped make it possible for me to appreciate your talents.

Cloudbringer

ps- my cats usually run for cover whenever I play any new music or even sounds from the computer, but believe it or not, I am typing one handed now, with Merlie in one arm being incredibly cuddly...I think he knows I'm a happy owner!
Old 02-21-2001, 05:34 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick:

New favorite: Guiding Hand! Wow...uh, sorry, I'm less than articulate...hard to boogie around the keyboard and type! Great stuff, Bard. Lyrics to any of these available? I think somebody asked that once, but I didn't see an answer. Sigh....amazing voice, I just can't say it enough...
LadyWendy is right, you'll have us all mooning around after you by the time we get to the end of one set of songs. (hey, I'm not kidding, here, people! Have you seen that pic Moiraine sent out?)

Oh dear..."The words to sail away"-- beautiful.

Ok, I'm clogging the ether up here...just assume I'll be gushing equally about most of the rest of the tracks I haven't even gotten to yet. Sigh.....
Old 02-21-2001, 05:44 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Yorick,
Where can I buy a CD of some of your music - is any available and what is the album called?
It seems to have made Cloudbringer VERY excitable, so I must try to find out!
I play a bit of Guitar, Bass and Piano myself, so am always appreciative of music of all genres, and I try to have a wide-ranging taste (in all things, not just music).
Old 02-21-2001, 06:29 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Epona: Maybe Moiraine can send the music to you (she sent some of us the songs by email attachment) Or Moridin might be able to, he was helping Moiraine as she has limited Internet access from home.
I have great respect for people who can play/sing or draw/paint. NOT my forte, either of them! Great talents, both. I have my words, but I envy the artists...sigh.

And YES, excitable (chuckle). He has a wonderful voice. Now I'm wondering, Yorick, do you ever do traditonal, ballad type things?

Cloudy
Old 02-21-2001, 06:43 PM   #5
Epona
Zartan

Not much good on the painting side of things myself. I also don't practice my music as much as I should. I lost the joy for it some years ago when a band I was in split up and a very close relative who I loved (and still love) dearly has not spoken to me since as a result
Music is now starting to make me feel happy again; it was misery for so long because to play guitar would remind me of lost friends ....
OMG, how miserable do I sound? I have come to terms with this, and know that I have done my best to put things right, so this is not something for anyone to feel bad about!!
Old 02-21-2001, 07:04 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Epona: How sad! But maybe you'll find your muse again and music will flow. I really do admire people with the gift of music. I have a cousin who can play anything, but it's just a 'hobby' to him. To me, it's practically a miracle....take an instrument and bring such lovely, sad, haunting, lilting....etc sounds from it?! Wow!

Ahh, but if there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that we each have our special talents. And all of them are to be nourished and cherished. Play again, Epona and do it for the sheer joy of the sound and the love of the music!

Cloudbringer, listening to Yorick's first cd for the 2nd time through
Old 02-22-2001, 12:08 AM   #7
Moiraine
Anubis

Hey, Drake, Tobbin, feel free to 'WOW' Yorick too !
I know you are not cute sweetie birds (or you have lied since the beginning ... baaaad !) but still !
Old 02-22-2001, 12:12 AM   #8
Tobbin_OHF

I had thought to post something here, but really wasn't sure what else to say. Yorick, you definitely have a gift. I'm still looking around to see if I can get a real CD of your music, but I enjoy the MP3's just the same. I have one of the songs on my webpage, but am still working on the others. Good luck to you on your journeys and life in general.

Old 02-22-2001, 04:16 AM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

Clouddy,
Wow ! THAT's a post ! What on erath could I add to that ?!?

Epona,
I can send you Yorick's music on CDs if you give me your postal address. No big deal ! You can find my mail adresses (Work, Home) in my profile.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:15 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

........ (I'm speechless...)

Thankyou Cloudbringer. You've in turn made this Bard very happy. Very happy.