Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

T-D-C:

CEP heads have to be uploaded into the overrides directory (usually) in order to be accessed at character creation. Makes me wonder, however, how one makes those special race characters (wemic, brownie, tabaxi*, kyote*) using LETO if you cannot actually figure out how to select heads using the CEP.

As for the portraits themselves, I managed to download a few too many of those portrait packs from places, now I have been slowly weeding them out for pictures I don't figure I will ever be using. I think since I started the weeding process, I have killed off at least twenty to thirty sets of portrait sets. Please note, I am not counting duplicate sets. Of those I think I found at least ten.

* tabaxi and kyote were created for the Maztica modules still being worked on, and I have no idea if they are available in the CEP sets.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #12
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Anyone here good at turning regular pictures into portraits for NWN? I have been collecting a few (around two dozen) pictures I would love to turn into portraits for various characters. I am still working on seeing how to create a minotaur (semi)playable character, so I acquired around seven to ten images for minotaurs. As well, I picked up a few dragon pictures from various website for potential dragon-based character ideas I had. Barring direct assistance, a site where there is a tutorial would be nice.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:35 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The process is too involved to go into here, but there is a test mod up on my site with a no hak sub race script. I imagine you could use that to create a minotaur playable char.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I actually have a weimic and a Brownie on Undermountain. Z was happy to upload them for me once I created them using the Character Creator.

Remind me to show you some time.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #15
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Actually I downloaded a minotaur off of the Vault and tried to duplicate the effect. It didn't work out, sadly. Altering his essential alignment was all I really wanted to do, however. So now I have one chaotic good minotaur and one chaotic evil minotaur of the exact same statistics. I may try again to change one to barbarian classes, but I am not certain.

The test module on your sight, RTB, I will be sure to download and see if I can work with it. Is there only one module on the website, for if you have a few hosted there, I'll need to know what the name of the specific module you are talking about is called.

As for the Character Creator, T-D-C, do you mean the one made by CODI? If so, I think it loads on a "skin" to the character. If it doesn't then I am in business. I would allow me to make those random winged characters I have been aching to try out as well. (Was thinking of using LETO to add wings without slapping on an artificial "skin" for more statistics. Just wanted something that looked cool.)

(still looking for a website that explains how to make portraits for NWN out of regular pictures. unless of course Ziroc wants to check them out and perhaps add them to his own portrait files. heck, they might be good enough for NPC photos...)
Old 04-18-2006, 07:14 AM   #16
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The hak-less sub race script is the only script up right now. I've been sorting through some of the other scripts I do have, and picking the brain of another module builder I know that is absolutely brilliant when it comes to scripts. Be sure to make a note of the comments section, when you import the .erf file, and then there are commented out sections in the main scripts that you should read.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote