Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 AM   #151
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The hustle and bustle reached a feverish peak as hands reached out to adjust her plaits and arrange the shiny dress - a new one, for once! how she had clapped her hands when she first saw it, not understanding why there were tears in her mother's eyes - she was wearing. In the background, a smirking old lady was busy chanting, whatever scriptures she would never know. A familiar face popped out of nowhere and stuck out a tongue.

"Hey, Ji Xiang! What fun, huh? What a lovely dress you're wearing!" Yes, an intricately sewn attire woven from the finest silk and satin. Surely Mama could not afford such a luxurious item! But Mama would never steal... would she? As she scratched her head in puzzlement, a large hand hastily snatched her little fingers away, swiftly followed by a gentle scolding.

"Don't fret so, child. You'll ruin your cherubic appearance." So many voices, mostly familiar yet she could not pinpoint who it was that was speaking to her each time. She blinked her large eyes and a tiny frown appeared on her soft lips.

"No, no, don't sulk so!" There was genuine alarm in the well-meaning voice, "This is an auspicious day, child, and you the centre of attraction. Smile, Ji Xiang, smile!"

And so she smiled... or tried to. The faces continued to zip by, the droning went on, until the burst of cacophonic chaos began. Before she could figure out what was to happen, she was being dragged, pushed, ushered into a great big box. What a huge, spacious box it was! And filled with such large, fluffy cushions! The best part was that it was all decorated with shades of red and gold, such happy colours that she could never remember seeing upfront since she was born! Amidst the excitement, Ji Xiang sat herself down solemnly, glanced about and broke into a genuine smile, which nobody else saw. What a memorable day it was!

Just as her short hands reached out for the overhanging red cloth, she felt herself jolted back. The container was moving! Then the blasts of merry musical accompaniment began. Outside, the crowds were cheering.

"Many happy returns of the day! Many happy returns of the day!" Though she remained obscured from the festive sights that surrounded her, Ji Xiang's heart swelled with pride and joy. Surely flowers and ribbons were being tossed about! She had seen it often enough in the streets in the past, when fairy-like ladies twirled around with elegant baskets and flung the buds gracefully, as if blessing their audience. Ought she to be happy? What was it Mama had said the occasion was?

Her mode of transport continued to bop up and down, sometimes swaying to the left and right, Ji Xiang all the while struggling to sit still, so that the heavy metal frame that pressed so uncomfortably against her temples might not fall off and cause her another round of delay. No, Mama would not be pleased and the others might reprimand her. Today was not a day for displeasure...

Ji Xiang's eyeballs were shifting behind the lids, and her lips parted before she began to murmur softly.

"Bu yao... bu yao..." ~ Her folded arms wrapped around the flute tighter as she drowsily leaned against the back of the caravan.

[ 02-16-2004, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 05:21 PM   #152
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- *meep* sorry for being gone so long everyone I've just recently returned from... Katsucon... so much fun.... *heheh*

ic- Sive giggled and clapped her hands delightedly in response.

"Of course I can understand you! I told you it's not a trick!" she pouted slightly at the thought before clambering onto Markul's broad back. She twined her fingers into his mane and leant close along his neck. "I'm ready," she whispered with supressed excitement into his ear.
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 07:46 PM   #153
mistral4543

OOC>>> Whose turn is it [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Let's try to nudge this little baby, shall we? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 07:03 AM   #154
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- *points at the other two* [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 05:28 PM   #155
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Sorry, school is busy these days.

Markul

The pegasus spread his wings and flapped mightily against the ground, lifting himself and the rider into the air in one big swoosh. Another lazy flap and they continued to gain altitude. The winged horse neighed in delight for he had not had a reason to fly in so long that he had forgotten how much he enjoyed it. Soon, they were soaring through the sky.

Within a few minutes, the magically flying Markul and his friend had reached their destination. The pegasus circled in the sky, trying to spot a good place to land.

"Neigh, neigh neigh..." he said to Sive.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 07:49 AM   #156
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Freakin' ditto. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] Yesterday alone I had 2 papers, a project, a quiz, and 2 tests. (And one of those tests was for AP, so it counts as 5. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) So you're all just gonna have to bear with me if I'm not very active, cuz my life rather sucks at the moment. Only reason I have time/energy to post right now is because it snowed and school got cancelled. (Whee!))

Alri muttered, "You should get some rest, Sayn. You've got a long string of long days ahead of you." Sayn nodded in agreement, lowering herself onto the bench. With her head folded in her arms, her back to the wall of the wagon, and Alri at her feet, she felt almost safe. Now there was nothing to do but breath in the musty air and die for a while...

But unlike the slumbers of so many other nights, this one was not akin to death. Dreams came to her this night, an uncommon predicament for the tiefling.

"You come at last to me, daughter of Orcus. I had hoped you would seek me someday." Sayn's eyes fluttered open to find a shadow looming over her, barely discernable in the swirling mists around her, coupled with a voice that was dark and somehow familiar. She extended her hand and it was met with the shadow's, clasping firmly and pulling her up. She whispered, "You are not unfamiliar to me, shade. I have seen you in dreams since I was young, yet I have never known your identity." The shadow laughed in its deep, intriguing voice. "Ah, but Irinisayn, I could say the same of you. I have dreamt of you for many years now yet have not seen your face for myself." Sayn grew more curious with each moment, inquiring of the eloquent figure, "Perhaps if I lower my cloak you will lower yours?" The shadow laughed again and replied, "That should be a fair trade in my mind, Irinisayn." Sayn nodded. "Very well then, shade."

She then lowered her hood, a strand of hair falling into her strikingly pallid eyes. She then untied the cloak at the neck and tossed it aside to where she had been laying before.

"It's your turn."

She was vaguely aware of smooth cloth slinking to the floor, but she still could not see the mysterious figure.

"Shade, surely you do not toy with me. I see not a thing."

Suddenly she felt warm breath on the back of her neck, causing her heart to leap. The voice muttered, "Well then you know one thing about me." She felt a solid body brush against her and noticed the shadow slink off from the corner of her eye, only making out a vague shape. The voice sound bemused. "We will play more next time, Irinisayn."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:44 PM   #157
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- ditto

ic- Sive giggled and nuzzled her nose into Markul's mane, breathing in the scent.

"Okay. But I don't think they would be so mean as to shoot us down though." She looked sad for a moment before giggling again. "Anyways, Lark wants me down as soon as possible. He doesn't think it's natural for me to be flying up here with the winged ones."

Her companion had moved back and forth during the whole trip between perching on top of Markul's head and flying alongside the Pegasus and it's passenger. He made an indignant squawk in response to Sive's comment, that sounded like he was voicing his opinion on the matter.

"I don't see why only you should be allowed to fly," Sive retorted back at the small creature, who gave her a snooty feline glance before diving downwards to land.

[ 02-28-2004, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Old 02-29-2004, 04:20 PM   #158
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The pegasus with his rider circled around a particular spot that he planned to land at, then made his decent. It was swift and hard that he flew, flapping his wings hard just before hitting the ground to slow his decent and straighten up. He realized a terrible hunger in his stomach, which was bigger now that he was a horse. As soon as Sive dismounted, Markul trotted over to a bail of hay that was lying by the stables and began to munch.

"Neigh, neigh, neigh"

He quietly said through the chewing.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:55 PM   #159
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Sive nodded in agreement. "I'll keep an eye out, while I look for Lark. He should be somewhere nearby..." she trailed off, looking around her.

ooc- I'm a little confused... is Sayn and Ji Xiang in the wagon still, or are they at the inn? I think Sive and Markul are at the inn... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 03:44 AM   #160
mistral4543

OOC>>> Sayn and Ji Xiang are on the road, via the wagon I'm tempted to pass my turn; can't have her dreaming all day long [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

So, it's Spree's turn again [img]smile.gif[/img]