Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2002, 05:25 PM   #11
lroyo

LadyBlue03 didn't say just ditch her!!! What she said, is if you can't listen to what she has to say, or you're just not interested in anything she has to say, then she's probably not the one for you.
I agree, she wants to talk to you, she obviously likes you, why wouldn't you want to listen to what she has to say?

If she bores you that much, then she's just not the one for you!

It sounds like you really just want a blow -up doll!!!

Old 05-07-2002, 05:28 PM   #12
Lord Shield

I quite agree. Unless all she talks about is the weather, why aren't you listening to her? And if she's talking lots does that mean you're not saying bugger all?

if that's the case maybe you're not right for each other

Old 05-07-2002, 05:36 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I wouldn't suggest personally that you tell her to be quiet, I think that will go over like a lead balloon LOL. Some people are more hyper/talkative than others, that goes for both guys and gals. You usually can't change that in a person, so it if gets on your nerves that bad already, you either have to learn to live with it, or just say forget the relationship, depending on how much you care for her.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 05-07-2002, 09:22 PM   #14
Tiamat
Banned User

Us men only get an opinion once every relationship . Like the uthers have sed... listen to her.... at this point I am very glad to listen to a girl let alone her talkin to me! If you need to keep your attention centered on her..... DEMONIC THOUGHT WARNING! just picture her in lingerie !
Old 05-07-2002, 09:33 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
LadyBlue03 didn't say just ditch her!!! What she said, is if you can't listen to what she has to say, or you're just not interested in anything she has to say, then she's probably not the one for you.
I agree, she wants to talk to you, she obviously likes you, why wouldn't you want to listen to what she has to say?

If she bores you that much, then she's just not the one for you!

It sounds like you really just want a blow -up doll!!!
lol some of those can speak too
Old 05-07-2002, 11:06 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Not female, of course, but I do have words of wisdom to impart and questions to ask.

She "used to be" funny. Is she not funny anymore?

Which do you enjoy more--silence or her company? Is quiet worth the price of splitting with her?

The fact that her merely talking is aggravating raises a red flag, because if you are getting to the point where she gets on your nerves now what will happen later? Believe me--talking is the least problem you could encounter in a relationship.

Just take it easy and let her talk. Women like to be validated and have their thoughts and opinions heard. Besides, you just might like what she has to say.... [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Wow...nicely said, I'm impressed!

Azred makes good points, Horatio!
Old 05-07-2002, 11:13 PM   #17
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
It actually takes less energy to just listen, which is what most girls want , than it does to talk. If your seriuos about this gal, then learn to listen.

My significant other can chatter for what seems like days, but it makes her happy that I listen so I do my best, except when I'm in a real critical part of a game and all my attention is on my monitor and she wants to discuss the price of fish overseas, well thats when I yell "I'm busy, leave a message!"
Not sure if I'd agree with that last part, but for the most part, Chewy's right. Learn the skill of automatic recall - listening only slightly and teach your mind to capture the main points for you to recall if she says that dreaded statement "Are you even listening to me?"

[img]smile.gif[/img]

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 05-07-2002, 11:29 PM   #18
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

You know it just could be that she is so excited about Dating you. [img]smile.gif[/img] You say she talks do you not only listen but reply. She migh t be nervous and is just tryign to fill in dead time. Prehaps if you talk with her instead of just letting her go on you might both have more fun. If not and she annoys you then I would tend to agree with Ldayblue. Sh emigh t be upset if you break it off but it is better to do it now than latter.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:33 AM   #19
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Not female, of course, but I do have words of wisdom to impart and questions to ask.

She "used to be" funny. Is she not funny anymore?

Which do you enjoy more--silence or her company? Is quiet worth the price of splitting with her?

The fact that her merely talking is aggravating raises a red flag, because if you are getting to the point where she gets on your nerves now what will happen later? Believe me--talking is the least problem you could encounter in a relationship.

Just take it easy and let her talk. Women like to be validated and have their thoughts and opinions heard. Besides, you just might like what she has to say.... [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
Wow...nicely said, I'm impressed!

Azred makes good points, Horatio!
[/QUOTE]Flatterer. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

The modicum of wisdom I do possess now comes from those lovely mistakes you make in the folly of youth. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That must be why belle loves me now! [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-08-2002, 01:50 AM   #20
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
Us men only get an opinion once every relationship . Like the uthers have sed... listen to her.... at this point I am very glad to listen to a girl let alone her talkin to me! If you need to keep your attention centered on her..... DEMONIC THOUGHT WARNING! just picture her in lingerie !
You know what....I think I understood that post AND it was pretty funny! 3 CHEERS FOR TIAMAT!!!

Horatio if its boring so early in the relationship then it can only get worse. Either break it off or keep her as a booty call