Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2002, 03:18 PM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:
but I'm almost reaching maturity (yeah, ALMOST!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and now I'm not so sure about whether or not the US would do such things...
Heh,
There isn’t nothing so stupid the U.S government won’t try it. Just look at the so-called bush doctrine rubbish they spout now about the right to engage in international acts of aggression.
It’s truly a sad state the world has reached today.[/QB][/QUOTE] Dram, you ought to think before you post...it is through the kindness, generosity and patience of an AMERICAN that you even have this place to spout the anti-american hate you seem to love so well. (and Im not just talking about this particular thread) Don't you think it is a little rude to your host? If you dislike america and americans so much, why stay where so many of them post? or is it all just a baiting game? It is fine to disagree with our govenrment and policies but do you have to do it in a manner that seems to show contempt for the very people who make it possible for you to post? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]

[ 06-08-2002, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 06-08-2002, 03:22 PM   #12
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think that NO ONE (contryes) in the whole world will trie to atack USA with any weapons so that is out of the qouestion even NATO will no do things like that so i do not think that IF US had atacked Holland i dont think that NATO would lift a finger! Dreamer128

[ 06-08-2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Megabot ]
Old 06-08-2002, 03:52 PM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

MagiK, with all due respect, Ironworks is an international forum, although it is domiciled in the US. There are also a LOT of members out there from other countries who have donated their hard-earned dollars to keep this forum running. So in fact they "make it possible for you to post" as well.

It's not that I disagree with your sentiment, but you need to find a stronger foundation for your argument.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-08-2002, 03:57 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One more thing...if this thread degenerates into "American" bashing or "Netherlands" bashing or any other type of nationalist bashing, I can assure you that it will be closed.

Do all of you think you may be able to discuss this like rational, thinking, emotionally-controlled adults and not like a bunch of rhinocerouses like the last few threads along these lines?

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-08-2002, 04:02 PM   #15
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I'm not buying this for a second. Just a hoax if you ask me. Would the US risk WWIII by attacking another NATO country just to free a couple if criminals?!
Well, it *did* fool the ANP... I posted a large amount of links to articles about this on Pandemonium, and it was even an item on the news yesterday; today there were questions about it in our House of Representatives.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:46 PM   #16
Moni

Well we haven't heard anything about it over here and KHaN stays closely in touch with what our government is doing. Not that he didn't miss something but no one here knows about it yet.
It could be something as simple as a fake story (like in The Onion) that got taken seriously (as did one in China, remember the thread Ziroc posted recently?).
Anyway its my opinion that our government is given to negotiations and peaceful resolve with other countries where their people are being held prisoner unless there is a threat of them being murdered without cause.
If they are proposing this kind of thing as some lawful action, it would have to be far-reaching, not just focused on one country and even then there would have to be strict guidelines to follow, an attempt at peaceful negotiations being one of the first.
Our country is not one to push others around but when we've been pushed and have to resolve to shoving back, we've been known to do what is necessary...not that we always succeed, but at least we try.

Old 06-08-2002, 04:58 PM   #17
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Dram, you ought to think before you post...it is through the kindness, generosity and patience of an AMERICAN that you even have this place to spout the anti-american hate you seem to love so well. (and Im not just talking about this particular thread) Don't you think it is a little rude to your host? If you dislike america and americans so much, why stay where so many of them post? or is it all just a baiting game? It is fine to disagree with our govenrment and policies but do you have to do it in a manner that seems to show contempt for the very people who make it possible for you to post? [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img]
The American PEOPLE and the American GOVERNMENT are two very DIFFERENT! things.

Old 06-08-2002, 05:06 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
well ,it's june, otherwise i'd say this is one of them april foolsday jokes.
Old 06-08-2002, 05:13 PM   #19
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Our country is not one to push others around
I'm note sure whether this Proposal is true or not but still there ain’t so many people that’ll belive that one anymore.
Many Chileans for example,
In Chile There was a military coup with the help of many American officials and American aid, which overthrew a democratically elected government.
The U.S's record on this sort of thing is just as bad as any other western nation, France, U.S, Britain, Israel. It's quite deppressing really.

Old 06-08-2002, 05:17 PM   #20
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Dram, you ought to think before you post...it is through the kindness, generosity and patience of an AMERICAN that you even have this place to spout the anti-american hate you seem to love so well. (and Im not just talking about this particular thread) Don't you think it is a little rude to your host? If you dislike america and americans so much, why stay where so many of them post? or is it all just a baiting game? It is fine to disagree with our govenrment and policies but do you have to do it in a manner that seems to show contempt for the very people who make it possible for you to post?
NOT ALL people on this board is from USA MagiK so we can say wath we want and we dont dislike america but some of us may have som other thot`s than you thats all!