Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 11:20 PM   #1
Kerneth
The Magister

When my ranger levels, it gives me the option to choose an animal companion. My dire wolf is listed as having 0/71hps on the selection screen, but when I summon him, he only has 39hps.

I'm wondering if this is a "bug", a "feature", or the game designers forgetting to calculate on the animal companion selection screen what the companion's level is for a ranger vs a druid. Since druids get their companions at level 1, do their companions level faster?
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 11:29 PM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerneth:
When my ranger levels, it gives me the option to choose an animal companion. My dire wolf is listed as having 0/71hps on the selection screen, but when I summon him, he only has 39hps.

I'm wondering if this is a "bug", a "feature", or the game designers forgetting to calculate on the animal companion selection screen what the companion's level is for a ranger vs a druid. Since druids get their companions at level 1, do their companions level faster?
I'm not sure there. My Ranger showed a Bear with 108 hp, but he has 54. I thought it was a spell or something that I had casted that beefed him up, but after seeing your post, I am beginning to wonder if I'm mis-reading it or if it really is a bug. Does anyone else know for certain? My Bear is still pretty kick though. He survives much better than the Panther.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:59 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Odd.... all my animal compainions and Familiars have had all the HP they are supposed to [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 02:23 PM   #4
AndyG
Elminster

It's a mini bug. When druids get animal companions, they get them from level one, so the hps are always correct. Rangers are using the same animal companions, but get them five levels later. However, on level up, they are shown the druid animal companions, so they have more hps than they will when you summon them.

Did that make any sense?
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote