Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #11
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Noblenick a true Paladin!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I think NobleNick is more of a Bard.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:16 PM   #13
NobleNick
Quintesson

Heh, heh, heh, a Paladin who loves Bards, maybe?

Great, NewbietoRPGs! Glad it worked out for you. So here comes a battery of questions: Were you able to play from one of your own IWD saves? Were you tempted to play any of the characters from the party I sent? (If not, I wonder how many of those files were superfluous.)

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 02-10-2004, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:56 AM   #14
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Well, here's what I did.

I loaded one of my saved games from the last part of Dragon's Eye and exported all of my characters. Then I loaded your game and saved it as something different so I could mess around with out losing anything.
Then, I deleted each of your characters and imported mine in their place.
Now here's where the tricky part came in that could be construed as cheating. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I used the Dalekeeper to put my levels and XP to around what they should be in chapter 5. Basically, levels 9,10 and 11 for most of my characters. Thought I would be good to go. NOT! I don't have the 1st badge or the forge key to get to Wyrm's Tooth!!
So...I used Dalekeeper to give myself those two things and off I went!
I had wanted to use your thief/illusionist. Looked very cool to play with, but being the kind of person I am I want to finish with my own party.
So, after all that...is what I did with Dalekeeper cheating?? Man I hope not but if so...so be it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:31 PM   #15
NobleNick
Quintesson

NewbietoRPGs,

Maybe it is, technically, but that has never bothered me. You are recovering from getting shafted by out-off-game forces, and using another out-off-game force (Dalekeeper) to even things out cerainly falls within the spirit of fair play (as long as you don't load 'em up with 4,200,000 extra expo per character (grin).

BTW, ain't Dalekeeper grand? I used it to change my fighter's specialty from bows to slings when I realized that the PPs I had invested were worthless for a dc Fighter/Druid. Now that pushes the border of cheating harder than what I think you did. (A purist roleplayer, I am not.)

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:09 AM   #16
NewbietoRPGs
Drow Warrior

Hey at this point I'm going to do what it takes to finish this freakin game!!! Boy is that Dalekeeper tempting though. Woo!! I had to force myseld to try and do this the right way...Must. Shut. Off. Dalekeeper!!!
NewbietoRPGs is offline   Reply With Quote