Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 07:40 AM   #1
Steve McDonald
The Magister

I've made a list of a few things that I think should be fixed. They should all be relatively minor, I think.

1. If no text is entered for the "Temple" event, you still have to press Enter to enter the temple. Seems unnecessary.

2. Training hall asks "do you want to train" or similar. I know FRUA asked this question too, but it is silly because you can do other stuff at the training hall, and in some circumstances you may not wish to allow the player to decide, just automatic entry. Perhaps "ask yes/no question" could be an option that could be toggled?

3. In combat, the "Bandage" option is available even where no party member is of "dying" status.

4. Monster hit points seems to be generated randomly from their hit dice. This is good in giving variation to monsters, but if you have specific characters whom you want the party to meet (eg "famous" NPCs or a one-of-a-kind bad guy) the designer may wish to specify exact hit points. Perhaps make it an option - "random generation from hit dice" or "specify hit points".

5. Monster hit dice cannot be defined. they always seem to be a d6 I think (that may be normal for AD&D rules, I'm not sure).

6. Money cannot be given to monsters. You can set equipment but not money. The only way I could work out to give money was in the combat event itself. That leads to the problems below.

7. "Extra" money given via the combat event appears as separate lots. Eg if you set a group of four monsters to 20 platinum extra treasure you get four separate lots of 20 platinum. Two ways this could be fixed: (a) just give extra treasure for the combat as a whole (this is what FRUA allowed - it seems ok to me) or (b) group all the extra money together so it says one lot of 80 platinum.

7a. It seems that you get experience for extra money given in combat. Perhaps it would be good to be able to toggle this?

8. You can't share money gained after a combat (similar to the problem that was fixed in this release).

9. In combat, enemies don't automatically attack when you move away from them. They definitely did in all gold box games and FRUA.

10. This has been mentioned before I think... the "Guard" command is not available when no weapon (ie fists) is selected. It should be.

I'm sure there'll be more where that came from. Hope you don't mind me giving this information. I feel a bit critical.

Steve
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 07:30 PM   #2
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Here are some more:

1. BANDAGE doesn't work properly. It should restore the unconscious characters to exactly zero hit points, and change status to unconscious. Once a character is bandaged they never die.

2. When BANDAGE is selected, the message says who is "bandaging" (ie the active character), but should say who is being bandaged (that's what goldbox games and FRUA did).

3. PCs are unable to walk on the dead body icon on the battlefield. They could in all gold box games and FRUA.

4. FIX doesn't seem to work. This should cast and rememorise all healing spells of all clerics.

5. WIN (in combat during test mode) doesn't work immediately when there is more than 1 person in the party.

6. Locked doors appear as a wall in area view, not as a door (FRUA showed them as doors, as it did with false doors).

7. There is no option to bash or pick locked doors after an initial failure to bash. This will make games impossible as characters will be locked out of important areas. FRUA and gold box allowed you to bash/pick repeatedly until the door opened.

8. When I modified a dwarf's stats I could not go above 17 for dexterity (the correct race ability score limit). However, the points available still went down. Also, after this, "reroll" appeared to do nothing.

[ 02-02-2003, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Steve McDonald ]
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote